pagesvoice profile image 83

If the right wing are against unions, why do they still sanction police unions?

Beginning with Reagan the right wing showed their disdain for unions and union busting. However, for some strange reason they have a "hands off" attitude when it comes to police and fire department unions. I believe they have consciously made this decision so the police, in particular, will be there to act as their personal security force to protect them from the disgruntled masses. Do you find this as interesting as I do?

Tusitala Tom profile image89

Best Answer Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• pagesvoice profile image

Dennis L. Page (pagesvoice) 21 months ago

You have echoed my feelings exactly. The police are employees of the mega wealthy and don't even realize it. If there is social unrest because of unfair banking or employment practices the police will quell the unrest and protect the influential.

Kathleen Cochran profile image83

Kathleen Cochran says

• pagesvoice profile image

A few years ago the teamsters, AFL-CIO, teacher's unions, civil service employees unions and a host of others wielded more power. The republicans have weakened many unions, except police and fire. I think it's a calculated move to protect them.