jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What are the religious, scientific, genetic, and psychological bases

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

of racism towards non-Caucasian people in the United States, Europe, South America, and Australia from the inception of colonization and imperialism to the 21st century postmodern era?

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

Fear and stupidity are main catalysts, I'd say.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Exactly, according to Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, a psychiatrist and author of The Isis Papers, racism against non-Caucasian people is based upon genetic fear of many Caucasian people towards non-Caucasian people who possess more melanin.  Dr. Welsing maintain that racism towards non-Caucasian people is based upon fear of genetic annihilation.

In Europe, Jews and Roma were considered to be "the other" and non-Caucasian by many of the European population.  Jews and Roma (Gypsies)  were often castigated and were viewed as racial threats.  This came to a climx when Adolf Hitler took power.  Jews and Roma were nearly annihilated in German concentration camps with only a small remnant remaining.  Roma still are discriminated against in some parts of Europe, particularly in Slovakia and Romania.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd say it is almost always an effort to either control or denigrate the other race, whatever it is.  Control was big in the past (slavery) not so much now.  But running down another race to make them seem less that what the speaker is is most common.

Seeing your comment about what Welsing had to say, I guessed (s)he was not caucasian.  Googling the name, it seems I was right.

And that's how it starts, how it grows, and how it becomes more and more dangerous.  One person with a loud voice declares with seeming authority that a particular race is lesser than another; in this case that caucasians are "afraid".

Shame on Welsing, for contributing to and helping to continue racist attitudes and racism in general.  While there are valid and real differences in the races of man, being "afraid of genetic annihilation" isn't one of them.

2. 0
        Rad Manposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Utter nonsense. Caucasians are not the only group who discriminate. One of my boys is currently being discriminated against because he isn't Filipino. I was discriminated when was a kid because I wasn't Italian. My children are half Italian or half of Italian descent and I can tell you they didn't screw up the Italian skin tone.