jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Ways to help women in need

1. winter11 profile image61
    winter11posted 6 years ago

Well, I am a giver.  I try to pick charities that help people help themselves because their is nothing more frustrating to me than someone being poor and the person not wanting to help themselves build their lives up again, some just want others to pay their way.  So I have picked a womans shelter that I donate to a couple of times a year and each time I donate to the shelter I pick a different theme to make up for the basket.  Recently I made up a big basket of travel size deodorants, shampoos, toothbrushes..ect.  For mothers day I will be giving these women sponges, soaps, body sprays, flip flops and sunblocks.  Alittle something to help theme feel fresh and clean and be safe in the sun for spring and summer. 
            I like to give to women because I am a woman and I it must be hard on these women especially those who have children.  I just want to help make their lives a bit easier.

1. 0
      LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's very generous of you.

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Very thoughtful. It would make a nice Hub. How to Help Women in Crisis" kinda thing.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

that's very generous and thoughtful. I like the effort you put into a theme! you could write a series of hubs about helping women as was suggested and share some of your experiences.

especially now when people are doing spring cleaning, knowing where to donate can help!

4. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

Welcome, and congrats we could use more generous people like yourself. Thank You.

5. Southern_Smiley profile image59
    Southern_Smileyposted 6 years ago

I am an area coordinator for a national children's charity and need to let any potential donor know....don't donate clothes or blankets to most rescue missions, they simply sell them in their thrift store. Ask them their policy if not sure. If they do not give directly to the people in need: Please, please, make an effort to find the homeless people in your area and give the items directly to them so that those in need actually get the item. If you do not have the time or stomach necessary to do this, try to find a group that does. There are homeless advocates in most communities. Try churches, civic clubs, etc. Most of all know that something that may seem small to you can brighten the life of a person in need.

6. 0
    Car Donationsposted 6 years ago

Good hub here. I typically give my donations directly to the ones in need if I do not trust a local organization. That way I know I am really helping someone. I could not imagine being a homeless woman with a child. That must be so hard on the mother.

7. wearetheanswer profile image59
    wearetheanswerposted 6 years ago

I offer mechanic services at my church

8. mycardonation profile image60
    mycardonationposted 5 years ago

There are many ways to help woman in need. If you have an old working car that is no longer in use, donate it. Besides helping others, there are tax advantages in this donation.