jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

The Politics of Religion

1. 59
    T M Wiggsposted 6 years ago

Most of the great religions of the world believe in one God. Even a seemingly polytheistic religion like hinduism accepts this--all gods are merely manifestations of the One.

Where we get into trouble is with the followers of the demi-gods. Jews are waiting on their demi-god, the Messiah, and Christians have theirs in Christ, but Muslims believe that theirs trumps all comers. Forgetting, of course, that Allah is God is Jehovah.

The Jews were intolerant of the Canaanites and Philistines three thousand years ago, and Christians have had their problems with intolerance, but Muhammad's followers have just reached the thirteenth century when it comes to attitudes about tolerance of other faiths.

I hear the screams now: bigot, racist, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Read the Qu'ran and decide for yourself. Read the Web pages of radical (and some moderate) Islamic organizations. The peaceful and merciful religion that many speak of is there. Unfortunately, that peace and mercy is reserved solely for believers of Islam.

The practice of religion has become the art of politics for many, but for radical muslims it is a true matter of belief. One must respect their dedication, if not their methodology. However, in their belief, any non-muslim is given a choice: choose Muhammad or die.

Murder, or even war, is also not only tolerated, but condoned if the purpose of that action is to give the "infidel" the opportunity to accept the teachings of Muhammad. If the believer succeeds in converting his opponent to Islam, then he is glorified as a righteous man; if the believer dies in the process, he is then a martyr and goes to heaven.

For these radicals, there is only a win-win situation. All of us who believe otherwise can only lose.

These are my thoughts.

What I would like to know from readers is if there is any way we can change this paradigm of intolerance and destruction without jeopardizing our own beliefs.

1. aguasilver profile image87
      aguasilverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"...is if there is any way we can change this paradigm of intolerance and destruction without jeopardizing our own beliefs."

No, and no need to, their compliance in end times prophesy will simply fulfil Gods plans.

Like so many others they are oblivious to what scripture tells us and/or determined to ignore what is happening as Christ fulfils Gods plans.

But I know of many Muslims who have received Christ as saviour, yet must stay silent witnesses or be killed by their leaders.

Also remember that it's not the Muslim followers who are necessarily bad, they are simply misled by their rulers and generally are ordinary people, it's those rulers and whether they are supposedly Catholic, Christian, Muslim or other, it's always the rulers who get folk killed for 'glory'

2. pisean282311 profile image58
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

religion has been used to control people since ages and would be used to be control.. my way only way is manifestation of human ego and ego seeks control...

it is sad ..really sad...

3. 0
      pburgerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is the goal to end intolerance? Or to assert one's beliefs? I can't see how they compliment each other...One implies compromise, the other acquiescence

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Not when our own beliefs are the same!

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

what god? hmm

1. 0
      pburgerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yea faithless heathen lol tis obvious to anyone with half a brain hmm it's 'the' god tongue

4. mythbuster profile image86
    mythbusterposted 6 years ago

Oh dear, here we go again...