jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Trump: I'm Running as a Republican, Period

1. OLYHOOCH profile image59
    OLYHOOCHposted 5 years ago

Billionaire Donald Trump has made it official: If he decides to run for president in 2012, he will do so as a Republican.

"If I run, I'm running as a Republican," the real estate mogul told the Shark Tank political website.

Trump, who continues to lead several presidential polls, including an ongoing poll by Newsmax, dismissed the likelihood that he'd run as an independent, as that would split the Republican vote and all but guarantee President Barack Obama's re-election.

Story continues below video.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Dona … ode=C19E-1

1. ForeclosureDJens profile image60
      ForeclosureDJensposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that would be a very interesting presidential race if it happens. i wonder how republicans will react to him. "you're fired" (at obama) will be the campaign slogan, ha.

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

In the end, I think we'll see that Trump is aptly named and that his campaign was a bit trumped up, but only briefly, as he fades quickly back into his real estate and bad social commentary. And then he'll wonder what other drama he can create to grab headlines.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago
  4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

As Trump makes the talk show rounds his shallowness is becoming embarrassingly apparent. In fact, he makes Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric look brilliant by comparison.
    He's actually a very poor liar, even when confronted with solid evidence (re: his real estate developments, bankruptcies, etc.)

His stock answer to any reporter question is to interrupt them repeatedly with "Excuse me..." (in an impatient and annoyed tone).
    He has shown he has no knowledge of the Constitution or where American's oil comes from or what countries we are in in the Middle East.
    If W was a cowboy, Trump fancies himself as John Wayne.

His "candidacy" is being called the "faux candidacy." On NBC they are predicting it will end May 16th when it is announced he's going to continue in his ENTERTAINMENT capacity as host of Celebrity Apprentice.

5. Doug Hughes profile image59
    Doug Hughesposted 5 years ago

The billionaire Pat Paulson?

(young folks look it up - I expect YouTube has some great clips.)