A refreshing political story...

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (63 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

for a change - Romney and Paul friends behind the scenes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/us/po … r=2&hp

1. Gypsy Willow profile image65
      Gypsy Willowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How refreshing! They will be able to learn from each other for the good of the people they are supposed to represent. Skewed beliefs may be straightened too.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Romney knows he needs Paul's endorsement (he'll never get it).

And Paul knows that he'll be assassinated the second he gets into office.

1. steveamy profile image59
        steveamyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and everybody know that will never happen ....

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Hi, Gypsy! I thought it was a nice change from the mud-slinging. lol

3. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Very true!  How encouraging that people who are in the limelight can disagree and still be friends.

4. Alexander Mark profile image81
    Alexander Markposted 12 years ago

Love it. That was an engrossing article. Habee, you should start a "nice-news" outlet. This makes me love Ron more, and like Mitt a little more - maybe he's not the snake in the grass he appears to be.

5. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"When Mr. Romney arrived later, he offered his jet to take them home to Texas."

I'm sorry---I just don't want anyone who flies around in a private jet as president.

In fact...I have always had my suspicions about Paul, and this just makes them grow.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't the President fly around in a private jet? Jumbo shrimp, Military intelligence, things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

1. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...but it comes with being president.

I don't think the Obama's rode around on a private jet in their private life.
        Don't even think Bush did!

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
          Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure Obama and Bush both traveled in private jets before they were President. Know what? Nothing is wrong with it.

Didn't say there was...it just struck me when I read it,and I don't want someone like that as president. He's way too biased on the side of big business, and lives the big business life-style.

1. profile image61
              logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and you're okay with Obama running around the country campaigning on the taxpayer dollar?

Romney was gone for all his term as Gv last time he ran for pres....
                And Bush campaigned for his second term too.

Obama is doing his job just fine. And I have no problem with his running....

He has to, or they would drown him in lies.

1. innersmiff profile image68
                  innersmiffposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMC. You have someone like you are describing as President. Obama changes his positions and voting habits on a whim, presumably when the price is high enough. And you're complaining about a private jet? Come on.

I don't agree. And why can't I have an opinion? I don't want another rich  business man running our country...is that ok, or must I bow?

2. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's only wrong when a Republican spends money on luxuries. Haven't you figured that out yet?

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMC, can you EVER see the good in anyone if he's not a liberal??

My problem is not with the good in him, it's the bad that worries me.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60

If the president doesn't promise to NOT touch LMC's uterus, she wants him dead.

3. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In what way does this make your suspicions of Paul grow - do you mean the fact that he is capable of being friends with someone he disagrees with?  That he can maintain his position and policies, while having a friendly relationship with people who think differently?  That would seem to me to be a plus. Doesn't diplomacy of all sorts require the ability to work with people who have differing views?

Or - just for clarification - are you suspicious of Paul because Romney offered him a ride?  Didn't Paul refuse it?  Or did I read the article too fast?

No--that he's a big business shill just like Romney.

Like this:

"Peter Thiel can afford to donate 1.7 million to Ron Paul but taxes on the rich are "too high"

and before anyone says "what about Obama?"....he wants to raise taxes on the rich...which would include himself.

Romney and Paul don't.

Can afford for a ceo to make 53 mil....but have to offset any higher cost of doing business on the consumers....attitude like that.

1. Aficionada profile image80
            Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't really understand what you are trying to say with this post.  But I do thank you for your first answer to my question.

You're welcome.

I only meant that they favor the rich, both of them, IMO.

Taxes aren't charity.

NEXT!

No, but tax breaks are a gift to the Uber rich from members of our gvt.

No, they really aren't.

"Hey, I'm going to steal less of your money"

This isn't a gift, it's a reduction in theft.

No--it went like this:

"We are going to take more $$ from the middle class so you can keep more of yours. That way, we still have the gvt we all want and USE, and you can put more in Swiss banks."

Well, except for the 2 military engagements and the prescription drug bill...those we'll put on the tab for the next guy to deal with, who we can then turn around and blame for everything!

"Only the little people pay taxes."

"You are our base, we will support you."

Mission Accomplished!

Umm... wow, I don't know what you're smoking, but I seriously recommend stopping.

Paul isn't a Corporate Schill. In fact, almost all of his money came from private individuals like me.

Stop talking about Paul, because you're making yourself look foolish.

I'm a woman. Paul is anti-thetic to my freedom--as are all the R's running for prez. I will scream till I'm blue in the face, thank you.

You said he's pro-big business.

You were wrong. In fact, he recently warned that we're heading to a fascist state and that we need to quit giving federal money to companies.

Keep screaming till you're blue, I hope you pass out.

And, people don't have the freedom to kill babies.

Ron Paul is against regulating business....and plenty of business kills babies. Just ask those kids who are forced to live next to oil refineries or coal plants.
                Drink the water poisoned by corporations, who Paul wants to be free to kill at will.

HEY!! That's MY new smear. Ron Paul: Free to Kill at Will. Drink and breathe that poison...the gvt will let it happen for you.

Nice politics, huh?

The Thames in London was cleaned up through the market - people wanted clean water so they got it. On the other hand, the government teams up with corporations to put flouride in the water :3

*Lalalalalala*--don't tell me about business....listen to me about the gvt.

6. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

No, it's just the flip way about it: "Need a ride home? Here, let me fly you on my private jet."

....We've had enough big business types as pres...whole 8 years of "all for oil"
    It's just enough for me. That's all.

Obama's a millionaire

Burned.

Obama's income has quadrupled while he has been president!

Double Burned!

Obama's policies help those who aren't. Quadruple burn.

They help if you're ignorant to economics.

You, apparently, have been ignorant to the past 12 years of life in America.

2. innersmiff profile image68

Obama's biggest campaign contributors included:
      JP Morgan Chase
      Goldman Sachs
      Microsoft
      Citigroup
      TIme Warner
      UBS
      General Electric
      Morgan Stanley

Triple burned!

Obama's policies are geared to help people who aren't Uber rich, to get people working, and move our country into the future--rid us of all the BS of the past.
        Some people are stuck in the past....stay there!

And all those donors you listed could not match the Koch Bros or Adelson....so that's a dead issue right about now. We are dealing with people who have billions of dollars: One Man.

Makes wall street look like kid in a candy shop.

Give me 5 examples of Obama's 'helping' policies and the demonstrably good effects they have had on the people. The proof is in the pudding.

1. Lily Ledbetter Act---equal pay for women
            2. Make Work Pay act....responsible for getting 95% of Americans a tax break.
            3. Black farmers FINALLY got paid for a lawsuit that has been going on for decades. Blatant discrimination finally resolved.
            4. Mountain are got federal recognition as a disaster area, and was CLEANED. People were dying from the effect of mountain-top blasting by the coal companies. Ignored by previous administration.
            5. Agreement between the US gvt and business.... to hire returning vets. They get tax breaks....Vets get jobs.

I could go on, but you asked for 5. This is off the top of my head...if I researched, it would be quite a long list.

Okay so women getting equal pay, tax breaks for working Americans (pointless act if you're supporting the welfare state), one particular case of discrimination solved and an act trying to patch up a problem that he could fix completely by actually giving Vets the pay they are owed, and Obama is a good President? And besides, the last one is a discriminatory law. Businesses must hire who they believe to be the most talented individuals available, regardless of their previous career. Maybe people won't hire Vets because killing other human beings is not a very profitable skill set in the free market!

Examples of Obama's horrible policies:
              1. The passage of NDAA - the official legal right to detain American citizens indefinitely, and even assassinate them.
              2. Sanctions and embargos on Iran -  is inevitably going to lead to yet another war.
              3. The refusal to cut spending and borrowing - inevitably going to lead us in to another economic collapse (the real-life economy has not recovered since 2008. Ask your average single mother how easier her life has gotten). This is also increasing unemployment for minorities.
              4. More subsidies to BIG BUSINESS: "An investigation by The Washington Post found that the Energy Department has approved nearly $4 billion in federal grants and financing to 21 companies supported by firms with connections to five Obama administration staffers and advisers." Infowars.com
              5. The eradication of freedom of conscience, as we have seen with this whole birth-control debacle. First it is birth control, then what is it?

Would you like me to go on?

You could kill LMC's mother in front of her eyes so long as you add "... but abortions are ok".

This is a slander and an attack...and it's TYPICAL of the tactics of the Reich.

and I do mean Reich.

2. lovemychris profile image77

No--I didn't ask you! YOU asked me.

I can hear the negative anytime I wish...just by turning on a tv or radio.

I prefer the positive, which I find on twitter.

RW debasing and degrading is old news.

NO NO! *puts hand on ears* do do do do dooo, I'm not listeningggg, lalalalalalaa I can't hear youuuu

That's right..I didn't ask, and I've heard it all before: Mega-blast 24/7.

I do turn it off.....it's psycho talk. I'm not into reverse psychology.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

..this thread title definitely caught my eye....the word refreshing and politics just don't seem to go together...lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)