Communication tips during initial stage of dating : Early Stage Dating Tips
During the initial stage of dating there are some communication tips we need to know. These tips are very important so as not to ruin a new beginning for you. These are just some of my personal suggestions.
There are several stage in dating. The first stage is usually the attraction stage. In this stage we are usually attracted physically to the other person. Whether you saw their profile in the internet or you met them already in person, we always pass the stage of “getting to know the other person“ stage. This stage is when we start to exchange communication through SMS, emails or telephone conversation or going out to dine or visit some places. If you met the other person online, usually you communicate through emails.
Most of us sometimes wonder why does a person whom we have just met whether online or personal stop communicating with us anymore. Did we do something wrong along the way. What are the necessary thing to do or ask a person when you just met them so as not to ruin a nice new beginning. Initial stage of dating is very important because it is in this stage where you show your personality to the other person. It can make or break a new and budding partnership.
Whether it is just online or personal communication here are some questions which we should avoid asking during the first two stage of dating:
- Asking them how much do they earn and what kind of job do they have. If you ask this questions it seems to appear that you are interested in how much money does the person make. It seems you are only interested in the capacity of the other one to sustain your needs when you will be together or how much will they contribute to later on. Instead try to ask questions about themselves, light conversational questions etc. Surely, the things that you needed to ask will just come out as go along the conversation.
- Don’t ask, their political leanings, whether they are liberal or in what political spectrum they are. Don’t criticize other peoples views about politics too. Don’t engage them in a heated debate. If you want to talk about it, then just discuss it lightly and politely too. Always respect where the other person is coming from. If you did talk about it and if you don’t like his/her political thoughts or leanings you can always think about it later.
- Refrain from asking about their religion. They will open up to you as you converse with them later
- Don’t ask about their exes. In your case, refrain from badmouthing your ex. They will get the impression that you will do that to them later and that you are very vindictive.
- When choosing a place to have dates refrain from commenting badly about the place and foods etc and behavior of some people. Just bring lighter conversation with the other person and avoid being vindictive.
- As you go along all things shall be clear to you . You can get in a conversation with a prospective person by not pressuring them to tell you about their personal lives.
- Listening is a good virtue. Concentrate on what the other one is saying. Be honest in your opinion but try to sound not too rude. Show your real self by not sounding impolite. Be nice to people you meet when you are with your date. I suggest do this not only during dates but be consistent with your behavior. If you are just pretending to be nice, they will surely learn your true behavior later on.
I hope this simple tips will help you as you go along with your dates.
Thank you and have a good day always!
More by this Author
How to heal after you have been cheated on? There are several stages in every experiences specially bad or traumatic experiences like the experience of having been cheated upon. According to psychologists the first...
Relationships are not perfect. Every once in a while we quarrel with our partner over some serious or not so serious matter. You have a bad day at work and you are stressed out and she/he starts to annoy you (it is...
Every year during springtime, April 23 to be exact, the English people celebrate their national day in remembrance of their patron saint -- St. George. St.George is the patron saint of England and he is depicted as a...