jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

online marriage

1. profile image0
    Medkh9posted 6 years ago

many get married nowadays to people whom they met just online , what are the   chances of success of such  a marriage  ?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i don't know...i just noticed this was posted in education and science...maybe there really isn't a chance of success?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it is based on Education and Science and they only meet online-- it might work.
      I prefer a 'hands-on approach, myself.

3. snagerries profile image73
      snagerriesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Seems ridiculous. Its very difficult to trust people whom you meet online.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I met my husband online.  We've been married 3 years now.  Our story can be found in one of my hubs titled "Meeting and Marrying My Husband-An Online Romance".

1. snagerries profile image73

O is it... Congrats for 2 years of successfull married life. May you guys stay happy for ever

I mean 3

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
        KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

(fixed it for you here)

Thank you!

Most welcome.

2. profile image0
      Medkh9posted 6 years ago in reply to this

do you regret anything in this marriage ?

1. KCC Big Country profile image83

I don't regret it at all!  We spent a long time getting to know one another before we physically met.  He was in England, I was in Texas.  You still don't REALLY know someone until you live with them.  So, there were still things we learned (and still do) about each other that 40 years of talking online wouldn't have taught us. 

All the rules of relationships still apply.  You still have to get to know someone before you commit to marriage.

s long as you guys are happy, thats should not be a problem. I neevr thought people could marry after meeting on internet but your success story changed my thoughts..

3. Diane Inside profile image86
    Diane Insideposted 6 years ago

no matter how you meet somebody, it doesn't matter, if you take the time to get to know somebody however you meet is what matters.  If they live far away and it makes it hard to see their day to day living it would be advisable to check them out further.  Such as criminal checks and so forth and be very forthcomming with them that because it is online and hard to judge when all you get it their words, no friends or family etc, that you want to be sure, they should not mind.  If they do then it might mean they have something to hide. If so don't move forward. I met my husband over the phone 1 state away but I didn't get too serious till i met his friends. His family is in Texas and we are in Ky, so I haven't seen them in person but I have talked to them over the phone. We have been married two and half years and I did do a criminal check on him before we met in person.  He didn't mind.

1. profile image0
      Medkh9posted 6 years ago in reply to this

oh thats pretty good work Diane

4. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I guess that's one good thing about the loads of immigration procedures we had to go through for my husband to come from England to Texas.  He had to go through medical exams (including HIV testing), criminal record checks, etc.  So, I knew before he came here he was good to go.

Yaa it happens as a part of security checks but once it is done you guys are free for ever smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image83

Not quite that easy.....once he was here there have still been loads of papers to file, fees to pay, appointments to attend.  We're finally at the point now that the only thing left is citizenship.  He has his permanent resesidency, but even it expires in 10 years.  Once he has his citizenship he should be done. (I hope!)

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

I've known a few people who have met a spouse on line ...married, some had children...lucky you guys!  I'm sure it wasn't simple at first...but sometimes things are just meant to happen....there's always a reason for things to happen they way they do.  These days with the 'net more and more people meet that way....people used to meet through 'classifieds' too.   Again, good for you both! ...England and Texas - Wow! that's far..but so close at the same time with the power of technology.

working