The trans-sexual responsibility?

1. GaeHall profile image60
    GaeHallposted 5 years ago

Is it a responsibility for the transsexual to tell people that they were formally another sex?

If not, because they believe they are the newly presented gender, how would you react if you found out a loved one was previously another gender?

If you feel it is their responsibility to disclose such information, then do you agree that it is 'right' they take legal steps to erase any identification of their previous gender?

1. jjackson786 profile image91
      jjackson786posted 5 years ago in reply to this

....good questions.

I have a lot of gay, bisexual, and transgendered friends. And from knowing these people, I believe that they are not morally obligated to disclose their former genders. It would be much the same thing if I had to tell everyone I met about my hypothetical criminal background, my family issues, or my life's struggles. That kind of information is personal, and should be kept that way.

Unless the person wants to tell the world! Which is also great smile

2. 0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't make a big deal if I found out my husband was a woman. I think when you love a person you learn to accept the past and move on. I'd love to know in advanced though. I think it's good to know about the most important and dramatic events from your partner's life. I truly believe there will come a time when people will overlook the sex and see what's hidden within.