Question of the month in a 'Health Mag'. on Relationships.

1. Johnjfernando profile image60
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

Why do some women cry during an argument?
    The person that asked this question via facebook also suggested its wrong and pathetic.

I've never been in a relationship where I've argued with my girlfriend to the point where she started to cry and when she did cry, I immediately console her because I feel down if she is sad and try to be cheery to make her feel happy.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Women feel overwhelmed in arguments with men (or stronger personalities), IMO.  So there are at least four reasons for crying.  Sadness/loss, pain (physical or emotional), hormones, and being overwhelmed (crying as a release of frustration)

2. cat on a soapbox profile image81
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

A woman's emotions are complex and vary throughout the month with hormonal fluctuations. Other factors that come into play may be age, confidence level, and argument subject. A younger woman or teen with little relationship experience or lack of confidence might cry because she fears loss of love. If the subject of an argument is a personal attack to a woman's character or attributes, it strikes at the heart of her emotions. Hormonal high or lows, excessive stress, or fatigue can also make a woman more emotionally on edge and prone to tears. Men often don't do well when a woman cries since they don't understand them and feel helpless. The man who commented that crying is wrong and pathetic is part of the problem. Women need comfort not judgement when emotional. The best approach is to just silently "be there" until the tears pass if you have a heart. If you are an insensitive boor, get out before she hurts you!