True Love Is just a Momentary thing !!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. alisha4u profile image40
    alisha4uposted 11 years ago

I recently realized that true love might just not exist at all. The feeling of love is momentary, i.e. what you feel at that particulart point of time... 
    Nothing is same after a lapse of time, or rather we are no longer the same.... sad

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have to disagree with this. 

The love I feel for my wife is not the "true love" that brought about our marriage 36 years ago, true.  It is so far deeper and wider that I could not have imagined such a thing was possible way back then.

True love grows over the years.  Yes, it changes, but for the better.  The depth of feeling a long term commitment can bring is beyond the understanding of someone that has not experienced it.

alisha4uposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness -
        Don't just see the positive.... Cons are also there..  I've seen relationships being called off after 8 intense years...

Yours is one of the rare cases, where Love is truly understood and felt by both the parties.. Wish You Luck !

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow.... Clearly you must have Ducked as it flew past you smile

I have written so many hubs here on True Love and believe me, when you do actually find it.. you will know that what you are currently saying, is the fallacy smile

Read 'Such Love' or similar and you will know what to genuinely look for. smile

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The word 'true' is not necessary to precede the word 'love' as love is not love if it is not true. The face of love changes with time but if it was love to begin with it cannot die or go away. If you're referring to romantic love, the same rule applies. If it was love to begin with, it will not die. It may not go the way you wanted or expected, but it will not die.

1. TamCor profile image77
        TamCorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like this quote, and agree completely. Like Wilderness, I have been married a long time-almost 24 years now.  And he's right--the love that brings you together in the beginning is just that...the beginning.  It grows as the years go by, in a wonderful way...I couldn't imagine my life without my husband in it--he's my best friend and the only person in the world I want to spend the rest of my life with. smile

It's not something you can really put words to, because I've tried, lol.  But, if you have it, you know that no one could ever come between you, and it gives you a kind of peace that is indescribable.  smile

2. Unleashed Freedom profile image61
        Unleashed Freedomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The word 'true' is not necessary to precede the word 'love' as love is not love if it is not true < is Exactly what i have said many a time.how interesting!
        well, when one stubs ones toe, one does think bad of the rock. I have been in one really bad relationship with a girl i knew for some 14 years. Did i love her? yes. Did she love me? in her own way. But it was not meant to be. A lot of reasons made them happen. but for me to blame,etc does not help me either grow, fly or be free from it/the past.
        it is indeed rare that two people stay together a long time. and many who do, do not love each other. perhaps they did once upon a time.
        and just cause the relationship is short also does not mean that it was not both beautiful and real. Its like saying that only these many drops out of all of the rain helped the seed become a tree. But it did rain...which is what we forget smile

ahann....Nicely explained

4. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True love is real, but you have to distinguish between being "IN-LOVE" and being "IN-LUST"
      Big difference!

2. kkuma01 profile image60
    kkuma01posted 11 years ago

What is your definition of "True Love"? Maybe you're looking for the fairytale that books and TV have instructed you that true love is. If so, then yes that kind of "true love" is fleeting...as it should be.

Not the fairytale kind of kkuma...
      I am just talking about love and beng loved in a generalized way.. 

One thing I believe in, "Love is unconditional; Relationships are not" !
      When you say that you love someone, it's meant for that particular moment. If asked the same after some time, you might say something else.... anything like "Ya, I do love her but......"

What's your point of view on love by the way.....

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@alisha parents,friends are two entities which have unconditional love for u....in relationship where we seek partner,companion unconditional love is extremely rare because there is always practical angel to the relationship....compatibility is more impt than other aspects....

I agree.. Parents always love u unconditionally. I was talking about relationship/ affairs in specific....here

1. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@alisha thats wht i am saying...unconditional love in partner kind of relationship is rarest of rare thing....context might be unconditional to start with but practicality of life takes over in most cases...it becomes in order to kind of relationship....here compatibility matters more....

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
            couturepopcafeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Expectations are what generally ruin relationships. You say you love him and expect him to say it back. If he doesn't, you think he's using you. If you love him, you allow him to use you as much as you can handle. If you can't handle any more, you leave. It doesn't mean you didn't love him. Only you will know that.

Teaching people how to treat you in any relationship is your job. You allow things or not. They learn what is allowable. Love has nothing to do with relationship. You can be in any relationship and not love the other person, like a team at work. You can also love someone and not be allowed into a relationship with them. It's best if one learns how to love first. That means loving everyone. Once this is learned, relationships are easy because there are no expectations of love, only giving of love.

Don't confuse expectations of love with expecting to be treated the way you want to be treated. One has nothing to do with the other. We teach others to treat us the way we need to be treated. We give love and expect nothing.

Thanks for bringing that up couturepopcafe. Expectations !! Big Word !

2. Unleashed Freedom profile image61

beautifully beautifully said!!!

3. Unleashed Freedom profile image61

parents loving unconditionally is part of the myth that some still live by. its rather interesting that many a parent has sent many a child to war or the be a prostitute. My own father has also tried to kill me. Not unconditional by any stretch of imagination.

3. alisha4u profile image40
    alisha4uposted 11 years ago

Oh ! I should have posted " Feelings are Momentary, Love is Not !

4. rhysjo22 profile image59
    rhysjo22posted 11 years ago

Hello alisha4u, True love is like a plant, it needs to be planted, watered and nourished in days, months and years in short True Love really TAKES TIME it doesn't mean to be hurry at all... True love was still exist, it depends upon the lovers how they carry it on, how they cared each other, how they missed each other everytime they are not together, how they loved each other and how they trust each other.

5. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 11 years ago

Yes, I would say that true love is a broad spectrum of emotions, attitudes, and reactions for which that "feeling" is just a reward.

Right ! smile

6. jirel profile image76
    jirelposted 11 years ago

Love is quite complex to define.I don't know if I can agree to it or not.I loved my boyfriend from the core of my heart.Since we knew that we could not be together due to other reasons, we still split up , though we loved each other.Now, after 3 years, I love someone new.But what I felt for my ex and the present is still true.I loved them truly.So, I can't say if it is momentary or not.If it was momentary, I could have easily forgotten him.But his memory still remains.Isn't that true love?

Memories are ought to remain forever.... you loved your first boyfriend at that particular moment.. 'Momentary'. You now love someone else at this time... Again, 'Momentary'.

This depicts your feelings at different times for dfferent people... But, the Love and the memories of love still persists. Hence proved...  Feelings are momentary, love can't be...

7. realtalk247 profile image77
    realtalk247posted 11 years ago

I think it exists.  There are people that still give you butterflies years after you have known them.  It's not fleeting. It can last a lifetime.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)