jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is the difference between "unconditional love" and "true love"?

1. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

What is the difference between "unconditional love" and "true love"?

These phrases are becoming common, do we really understand them?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6105725_f260.jpg

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Unconditional love extends to everyone, literally. True love is usually used in reference to romantic love...or it can refer to the feeling of a person who has discovered what drives him or her..as in art, music...a side of his creativity which he is passionate about..

3. Rachel Richmond profile image58
    Rachel Richmondposted 6 years ago

Unconditional love is not having a judgment or belief of what love is.  It's just love. As one accepts unconditionally, the truth emerges.  (Not just in relationships or with other people, but within yourself.) Great question.

4. jirel profile image68
    jirelposted 6 years ago

True love exists when we love unconditionally .They are more or less related.Our parents give us unconditional as well as true love.But its hard to differentiate true love from unconditional love.U might love someone true when you like his/her characters but unconditional love is the love where you love someone despite any bad qualities in them.

5. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

To me, unconditional love is when you love someone no matter what. I love my son and my grandson and other family members unconditionally.I've always loved them and always will.  True love is when you are IN love with someone. My husband is my true love, but no other family member is...or anyone else for that matter. Even though my husband is my true love, I don't love him unconditionally....there are things that he could do that would cause me to not love him anymore.

6. Christofers Flow profile image92
    Christofers Flowposted 6 years ago

What an excellent question to pose: "True Love" versus "Unconditional Love". This begs for a distinction. You can't just put a messy kiss on the subject and say: "Well a sloppy kiss is a good kiss because the intention is so grand."
    My Chihuahua's... read more

7. MichaelStonehill profile image59
    MichaelStonehillposted 6 years ago

Unconditional love in the ideal of love. True love is the realization of this idea.

8. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Generally speaking when I hear the term "unconditional love" I usually think of it in relation to God's love for mankind or a mother's love for her child.
    The vast majority of us do have "deal breakers" especially when it comes to our personal relationships. (Cheating, verbal/physical abuse, drug/alcohol addiction, lack of affection/sex, financially irresponsible...etc) are  just a few of the circumstances that may cause someone to have a change of heart. In my opinion having "deal breakers" is a healthy thing. If you don't love yourself you can't truly love someone else.

9. gmmurgirl profile image80
    gmmurgirlposted 5 years ago

Both mean the same, only that true love may refer only to romantic love while unconditional love may refer to all kinds of love, can be romantic, love for children, for family etc.

10. Jynzly profile image73
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

Unconditional Love is basically Divine and eternal; it's true essence is beyond human understanding. "True love" is some kind of real feelings for one "special person" that you "stumble on" in life's journey in a given time and space; it can be lasting or it will pass any time as a consequence of conflicts and personal interest and individual differences.

11. profile image58
    diva the hawkgirlposted 17 months ago

UNconditional love is the only exact and precise definition of "True Love" . If your love has conditions then its not true, be it you love towards your parents, friends, god, nature or specifically a girl or a boy.

working