Ceegen profile image 84

Is it ever okay to report someone here on HubPages, simply because you disagree with them?

Isn't it odd that people who claim to be open-minded or tolerant, are very quick to report someone for abuse/harassment when no such problem existed? So we have a disagreement about ideals, that shouldn't prompt someone to... Ahem... Get them a 24 hour ban from the forums, is it? What is it in a person's mind that gets them to actually *do* something about an ideological difference, no matter what that difference is or what the perpetrator of the reprisal thinks or believes? If my views of the world don't actually hurt you in any way, what is the ultimate point of "punishing" me for my ideas?

Peggasuse profile image88

Best Answer Peggasuse says

Judah's Daughter profile image91

Judah's Daughter says

celafoe profile image70

charlie (celafoe) says

Ceegen profile image84

James (Ceegen) says

Deepes Mind says

• Ceegen profile image

James (Ceegen) 3 years ago

A derogatory/profane attack on someone's beliefs, is in fact a personal attack. It's like saying "Now don't get offended, but I think that's stupid." - You just called them stupid, just using more words.

Don't like it? Don't do it.