Insightful Tiger profile image 86

Why is the name of God missing from most Bibles?

The name of God is found close to 7,000 time in the original language that the Bible was written in, why is it now missing from many Bibles? and why do you feel that way?

Hannah David Cini profile image84

Best Answer Hannah David Cini says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 23 months ago

I've heard the same. I've also read that it's a superstition that developed from a misunderstanding of Ex 20:7. Jesus quoted many scriptures that had God's name in them. He held it sacred, didn't use it in vain, but still used it. Rom 10:13

Zelkiiro profile image84

Zelkiiro says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 23 months ago

I mean his actual name. In the original language God's name is יהוה , rendered Jehovah or Yahweh in English. Most Bibles use a title such as God, Lord, or Eternal. That name was written close to 7,000 times in the language used for most of the Bible

62

Brittni Gaddis says

• Norine Williams 23 months ago

We are under NEW Covenant & Scripture says in Phil 2:9-11 "...at the name of JESUS..." Why not Jehovah?

• Kiss andTales profile image

Kiss andTales 23 months ago

Very Good question researching bible history, shows that God's name was revealed even before Israel became his special people , The personal name of God Almighty(Jehovah) was revealed to separate himself from the many foreign gods people created .

ladyguitarpicker profile image83

stella vadakin (ladyguitarpicker) says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 22 months ago

I'm glad you're Bible has his name and not just titles. Thanks for your comment.

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 23 months ago

Did you look for it in your Bible? I have found it in some Bibles at Psalm 83:18. But only a few Bible have tried to restore the name to the original places.

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 23 months ago

Yes, I agree that many have tried to occult the truth of what they Bible really teaches. God inspired men to write the Bible (2Tim 3:16), and then other men tried to keep God's word hidden. Misled and misleading they are. (in Yoda voice)

60

Norine Williams says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 23 months ago

Thank you for letting me know what you believe. However, I was referring to God's name, יהוה , rendered Jehovah or Yahweh in English. (Exodus 3:15) (Psalm83:18) The Father, who Jesus said was greater than he. (John 14:28)

24

peter565 says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 22 months ago

ok thank you for sharing your opinion, I have never heard that before.

0

Stargrrl says

• Insightful Tiger profile image

Insightful Tiger 23 months ago

I'm glad your Bible has his name in it. Many Bible just replace it with a title such as Lord, God, etc. Sometimes they add a title to his name such as Jehovah-Shalom(Peace) or the meaning (causes to become) but leave out his actual name. (Isa 42:8)