Is Living a Life of Homosexuality and Christianity Compatible?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (51 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 14 years ago

I am a christian and as many other Christians I struggle with knowing that someone is practicing in an adverse lifestyle and claiming to be a christian! However who am I to say to another that they are living a life of hypocrisy!

How do we as Christians whom are trying to live a life pleasing in God's eye cast a seed of judgment to another telling them they are living wrong?

The bible say's that we must take the plank out of our own eye before we worry about the speck in someone else's!

1. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haven't really answered any forums related to religion, politics, homosexuality, etc., etc. So this will be the first time for me.

mdawson17 it's quite easy. Ignore them, do NOT judge them, do NOT talk about them, do NOT point your fingers at them and do NOT talk to them or say anything about their so-called "life of hypocrisy" (if you think about it, the ones who are judging are the hypocrites). It is never our place to judge them in the same way that it is not their job to judge us.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Said big_smile

2. profile image0
        mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You want to be careful, that avatar of yours is sure to be very attractive to the men around here.

3. Lady_E profile image60
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a you are a christian Mdawson, I think you should already know the answer to your question. smile

1. candice5 profile image58
        candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am drinking at the mo so it has loosened the tongue. I don't go around rambling about I am a Heterosexual, so why do people feel the need to tell us their orientation. It really is getting boring.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just did...

Believe it or not, we heterosexuals are always showing off our sexuality in public ways. Holding hands, getting married, etc.

Not mention the other non judgmental antics big_smile like commenting on butts etc!!

But honestly..... how often do we do it in an HP forum? big_smile

2. profile image0

You say I already know the answer so I am going to assume that you your answer is no, Let me ask you this is it right to cast judgment on the lifestyle of a gay person: "Judge not less you be Judged"

1. Lady_E profile image60
          Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Far from it. I don't judge anyone.  Its a free world and people can choose to do what they want. There are even Homosexual Pastors and none of this affects my life in anyway.

My comment was a simple statement, so please do not assume my answer. Cheers.

1. profile image0
        2. profile image0
          SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/hub/JudgeNotLestYeBeJudged

Something to read about judging.

4. profile image55
      My Downtown Viewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To be a Christian means that you are a follower of the teachings of Jesus Christ and believe that he is your Lord and Savior.

Christ was crucified for "practicing an adverse lifestyle", and died for our sins.

Do you really think that a man who martyred himself, a man who uttered "Judge not lest ye be judged", a man who was sentenced to death for living a life against the social order of the Roman people.....do you really think judging others would be supported by Jesus Himself?

.....just saying.

However, I do believe your avatar is a form of idolatry and not very Christian.

1. Jewels profile image82
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree, using that avatar is an insult to the very man who showed you how to be enlightened.  Change it in his name or get yourself enlightened and earn the right to use it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey - it is better than the dead homosexual nailed to pieces of wood he used to be using. At least, I assume it was a homosexual.

Perfect-looking white guy, fit, thin with longish hair and a perfect beard and piercing eyes. Nailed to two pieces of wood and bleeding artistically from some cuts in his head. Made me very depressed and guilty feeling just looking at it. I don't know why. lol

5. goodfriendiam profile image61
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just want to say, that "spirit" does not define, between female and male, for it only sees "spirit"  meaning, we are all created out of same "spirit" same substance. Not male not female. this is only human terminology

6. adnoel profile image59
      adnoelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The words says in 1 John 5:16 "If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it." We as born-again Christians must first love the person first and hate the sin. Alot of people want to 'bash' the person, and condemn the person to hell. The only way you can help your friend is to show him love, and help him understand that his lifestyle is not pleasing to God. Help him/her understand Sodom&Gommarah,but let him know that God love for him/her will never change, because He allows him/her to wake up everyday to live for God. Yes the word does say don't worry about the splinter in the other persons, and worry about your plank, however I believe God is saying don't judge the person and through him/her under the bus when you are living a foul life yourself. Let your love shine through, and pray for that person.  If we don't say anything then how will that person know the power of Jesus Christ saving Grace.

7. goodfriendiam profile image61

mdawson, for your own question is a contradiction and a hypocrisy! You are the one that is  actually living the life of a hypocrite.  Gay men and lesbian woman, does not make them a hypocrite. They are not acting against themselves, but you are when you claim to be a lover of Christ, and ask silly questions that have nothing to do with love in the first place.

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bravo, GFIA! It's kind of like when I was a kid. My mother drilled the bible and god and church and everything into us. But then she spouted her racial prejudice pretty freely. I never could reconcile that with "love thy brother as thyself". And I don't get these folks who claim to be Christians yet bash homosexuality. I haven't seen a homosexual couple yet push to get married in the church OR bash the Christian lifestyle!

1. goodfriendiam profile image61

gfiam, does a curtsy smile....lol

2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Easy enough change religion to one that accepts homosexuals, or read the bit in the bible that says it is ok.

1. JonTutor profile image61
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is he seriously seeking opinions... or a subtle way of bashing homosexuals.... Why does he start so many topics about what folks do in there personal lives.. Homosexuality isn't abnormal just more uncommon.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your on it. "Politely" homosexual bashing.

why do folks have to find reasons to bash.... instead of finding reasons to love... wait a minute not much "Christian" love left these days... glad I'm outta that self righteous club.

2. profile image0

I can accept your post however I am not bashing I am truly asking a question to get a true concept of what the christian society thinks If I you think I was bashing then you have certainly not read my work on HP! Please check out what you say before you say it!!!

2. profile image0

That is one very strong way to put it

3. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

You know mate.... You should take your Homophobia up with your local Gay Rights Association instead of poluting the forums with such trivia as what concerns you in your day to day struggle of being a Homophobic christian promoting whether or not the average Hubber gives a toss!!

In that way we could engage in conversations that embrace the finer points of promoting a collective hub business; instead of being continuously bombarded with self rightious BS!

You said that right!

4. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Interestingly there is another thread going on homosexuality within the church.

Perhaps Mr. Dawson could also approach the Vatican after he has talked to the Gay Rights people; the Village People and anyone else other than hubpage forums on the subject!

Vatican would probably advice him.... "no condom" usage for his latent homosexual fixation. lol

1. profile image0

Why must you use hubpages to slander people? Is this what you call fun??!! You have used this subject to cut people down and strike below the belt! Is that what type what of person you are??!!

You have assumed that I was hating the act of homosexuality or that I was accepting such an act and never have I said I was doing either

Didn't you start an earlier discussion on the same topic?... Once I know somebody isn't seriously asking questions..... I just don't take such questions seriously.... I was having fun regarding the Pope's statement... NO CONDOMS.... and my suspicions regarding folks.... who have latent homosexuality feelings.... starting such topics often.... Peace.

2. profile image0

pearldiver you have a history of saying things out of line I was not bashing apparently you have not visited my site you are speaking out turn so that you can bash!! Read your own posting I think that is bashing and also showing hate!!!!!!

Oh Mr Dawson......... Your Hub : "Homosexuality.. Is It Love or Lust?" clearly shows that you really are a strange man!! big_smile

In relation to your comment above relating to me having a history of "Saying things OUT OF LINE" I would have to ask which LINE you are referring to? I wasn't aware that I was expected to follow any particular LINE in either my life or my comments!! smile

Surely you aren't suggesting that I CONFORM in some respect. I'm afraid it may be far too late for that rubbish young fellow!! big_smile.  Please don't be offended by anything I say smile... If I wind you up.... Great!! You deserve it!! I am happy to challenge any obnoxtious, self rightious, homophobic, linear person.... whether they are straight, gay, in the closet or as Mr Knowles suggests, merely hiding behind the book, in an effort to hide latent homosexual desires (albeit Lust ones).

You are most welcome to your life, opinion and narrow mindedness.......... But Please Mr Dawson... Don't Share it with Intelligent people... your presentation is found wanting!

5. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Here's how I feel about homosexuals...................................................

I don't notice if someone is homosexual or not either, but I do notice homophobic threads like this one.

1. profile image0

Again earnestshub you are claiming this is a homophobic thread but yet you have seen not one piece of evidence to support such a claim again apparently you have not visited my site if you are assuming I am homophobic! Check out what you post before you do!

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From the discussion you started entitled "Indulging in homosexuality,"

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15344

And now you have started this one on the same topic.

This is homophobic behavior. I know that as a "christian" you can put your homophobia down to "following god's word" rather than saying it is your opinion, but still.

Admit to your quite obvious latent homosexuality and become more comfortable with yourself. You will feel much better and perhaps stop worrying so much about what other people do with their lives.

Which - even according to your book - is actually none of your business.

6. chucky12 profile image58
    chucky12posted 14 years ago

Stone the crows Mate the two hardly go together.

Right on! What I mean to say is I do not like homophobia, Homosexuals are everywhere in my city, in fact we celebrate the gay community annually with a big street party, so I just do not notice who is or isn't gay, it does not affect me personally. I do have a few gay friends, but they are mostly stay at home nest makers but great people anyway.

7. chucky12 profile image58

Reckon, But get worried when they wanna make it bloody compulsory. Not alot of Bent Truckies, and if they were wouldn't be owning up.

Compulsory? That is a bit scary!

1. chucky12 profile image58
        chucky12posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah few of them around the Cities, definitely would like to recruit.
        I don't have any hassles with them and theydon't threaten me, Hell if they did I would worry. Alot of Arty Farty types ravin on about their life partners, and the like.

Not all of em are like that. Lemme see. Amongst my friends I have....... yes a hairdresser, an actor, an entrepreneur (restaurants and Hotels/ nightclubs) an accountant (his partner) and a musician, oh and before I forget.... a truck driver! Interstate big rigs! Watch out for big John out of Sydney. smile

8. chucky12 profile image58

Xcuse the pun, but we have a lot of Johns out there, and none that I would suspect as being Gay. but we do have a Jasper, hes odd. One of the Guys found his license and real name is Allohiousis, Monteith James. Calls himself Jasper.
    I'll be watchin the Johns.
    One fancies the Missus so I would think shes straight, but can countabout 11 Johns, that drive.
    Jaspers here with me, actually only sane Bloody person in the house tonite, only sober one too.

9. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Oy vey!! Not more evidence of God's Wrath Against Homosexuals based off of the cities of Sodom and Gommorah!  There were far far far more wicked things that go against all kind and decent behavior recorded to occur there - remember, it took a LOT for the God of the Bible to decide to bring down his wrath upon those cities, not just their sexual antics.

1. Chris1|Chris2 profile image61
      Chris1|Chris2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said.
      I've just always wondered how a particular sexuality can even be considered something that is right or wrong from a religious standpoint. First of all, how can something that is genetically predetermined be wrong, and second of all, how does it interfere with an individual's worship of God?

10. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago
  11. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

NO

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/no_matter_what.jpg

1. goodfriendiam profile image61

LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)