jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

To most Christians, the Bible is like a software license

1. Several Ninjas profile image74
    Several Ninjasposted 6 years ago

Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree".

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

lol lol lol

3. 0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 6 years ago

That's why there are so many wars in the world,most "Christians" are  unfamiliar with Jesus' pacifistic  teachings.

Matthew 5:43-44 (New King James Version)

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.

1. Bruce_Leiter profile image59
      Bruce_Leiterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I agree that many Christians fail to read the Bible.  It's sad that that's the case.  They just depend on one hour a week to keep them going spiritually. 

However, in all spiritual group and belief systems, there is a variety of commitment among the professed followers.  I've read the Bible through many times and become more and more convinced that it came from a mysterious, yet revealed, God who sent Jesus into the world to deliver believers from their many imperfections.  That rescue will be complete in the next world, I believe. 

What is the point of this hub or forum?  So many professed Christians don't read the Bible?  What conclusion would you draw?

4. lambservant profile image93
    lambservantposted 6 years ago

I will concede that many Christians drop the ball on reading the bible daily in their privated devotions, however, most true Christians have read it at often  enough in their life to get it down the basic most essential message. Bible studies and small groups have always been an effective way to study the bible and if the study is facilitated by a humble person who is devout in their study of the bible, it often stirs people to examine the scriptures more closely.

As for Christianity in general, there a lot of people in the world who call themselves Christian because they believe in God and that Jesus was a good and cool guy. I mean no disrespect to them. I lived many years with the same mindset. Its not that they are bad, they just lack understanding. True Christians, or Christ followers, do not scroll to the bottom and hit I agree. They read and say I believe.

1. 61
      exorterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

AMEN    lambservant