Would Forced Suicide, Be Considered Suicide?

1. the2ndflood profile image77
    the2ndfloodposted 8 years ago

I'm not religious at all, so I'm not asking this to justify or deny anything. So let's please not turn this into a flame-feast.
    It is just something I have thought about and wonder what others would say.  Let's say there is a God and that Suicide is a Sin. Now a man is put into a siltation where he must choose. If he doesn't allow a machine to cut off both of his arms, then he will be out to death. If he chooses death, do you think God would consider it Suicide? The man was given a chance to live; he would just be missing both arms. But it wasn't a life he wanted to live through. So is it Suicide?

There is no right or wrong answer here. I'm just picking your brain, because I honestly don't even know how something like that would be considered.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The Jains have the practice of santhara where an elderly person or a person with terminal illness fasts unto death.Prayers are said continuously by monks and the intake of food is gradually decreased.It is said before the person dies he has a glow and a smile on his face.I helped my sensei train blind kids for around two years and it is surprising to see how much respect they have for their other faculties and life itself.Many dont want to live the lives they live
      yet each is perfect in his place.I woud say God would consider it suicide then again I tell myself  hey you got hands  so you cannot feel what the other person is really going through so you shouldnt comment.smile