jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Do We Move Immediately In The Present of God Upon Death?

1. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 5 years ago

2 Corinthians 5:8
    We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
    2 Corinthians 5:7-9 (in Context) 2 Corinthians 5 (Whole Chapter)

I started to ask that question on being absent from the body and being present with the Lord when the bible also says "The Dead In Christ Will Rise First." until I found this answer:

http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-t … e-first-2/

So what do you think?

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

At the moment of death, we are called to stand before Almighty God whereby satan will give his version of an accounting of our life and the mistakes we made. If we are Christian, a follower of Jesus, Our sins are nolonger ours but His and we become welcomed by God into heaven. The Non-Christian will be asked if they would choose to become a believer in Jesus and if the answer is "yes", they too are welcomed. If the answer is "no" then they are cast out of heaven.

2. Jerami profile image79
      Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The way I understand this, and what I believe scripture to be saying is ...

When King David died, he slept with his forefathers, until the resurection.  Prophesy concerning Jesus must be fulfilled first.
        The seal judgments are opened. Then the second coming ocurs. the 144,000 Hebrews will be caught up from AMONG the living. a
         Then a great multitude is seen before the throne.  But this is not "THE" resurection.
        The trumpet judgments must be fulfilled. All but the seventh.
        Then the first resurection happened and satan was bound for 1000 years.  From this time forward when a person dies they go streight to heaven.

Then the vial judgments are poured out. One after another until in the erly 20th century the sixth as poured out. And we are now witing for the seventh trumpet and vial.

Yep, I know I got it all wrong?

An emergency just came up, 
      gotta go fix a broken water pipe for a tennant
        not even going to sp, ck.

1. SpanStar profile image59
        SpanStarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your views Jerami and good luck with that pipe.  I have a little mission I need to do myself.

2. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 5 years ago

Dave Thanks for your comments I like how well you presented them.  There have been several attempts at explaining what happens after death and I'm not making any judgement here because frankly I'm just not sure but another version of this event was Jesus will have to do his thousand years on this planet then the Satan will have to do his I guess thousand years and after Armageddon comes the Judgement, but like I said I'm just saying what others have said.