jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Alan Watts (A conversation with myself)

1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago

I think that those that have never heard of Alan Watts or that choose not to listen to what he had to say, are missing out on a great teaching. A conversation with myself is one such program in which Alan Watts attempts to shatter the illusion of self and self importance, it really is a must see if only the reader of this is interested.

1. 0
      Muldaniaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you have a link, to his work?

mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Alan Watts was a philosopher and I believe that in some time or another, might just become a messiah to somebody. He was deffinitively brilliant with the usage of the English language. He just knew how to say things that could be translated to anyone. The same can be said of Joseph Campbell, he too was a master of philosophy, in his own right. But none of it matters, for some the ideas are law and they cannot contest it. It truly is a loss to anyone, not to just learn from everything as it is. It's all one coin, good and bad. It just should be accepted as a personal idea. Allan Watts, Meher Baba, Einstein and the list goes on and on. It changes though "In the blink of eye".

2. mischeviousme profile image60

I just go to you tube and type in Alan Watts. I'm listening to him now, as I am speaking to you.

2. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

Im a great fan of Alan Watts also

Books I would suggest:
    In My Own Way
    Cloud-hidden, Whereabouts Unknown

Deoxy.org has a great collection of individual articles by Alan Watts

Alan Watts was a true Zen master and I have used his works to carve out my mind and be.

working