jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

Tell us story of mythical creatures or ghost stories in your country

1. christianajohan profile image61
    christianajohanposted 4 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6501132.jpg
    In England, we know about vampires and draculas. In China and Korea, they have different forms of zombies. In Philippines, we have while lady (ghost lady floating in midair), monster with half bat half woman with waist cut and can fly leaving her half body, tikbalang (half horse half man), capre and agta (a giant black man residing in big trees), sigbin (similar with malay civets but mythical creatures), witch or wizard who can change themselves into an animal they like(mostly dog, cat or pig), dwarves, laughing clown (tambaloslos) and 3rd dimension people who reside in trees, forests or cliffs which they themselves can only see.

1. RolyRetro profile image90
      RolyRetroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You forgot about the 2 most famous "real" myhtical creatures in the Uk.  First, the Loch Ness Monster - most likely to be a type of dinosaur that survived the global event.  Then there is the Beast of Bodmin, a huge wild cat that eats sheep when no-one is looking.

They must be real, they appear in the Sun newspaper all the time!

2. mts1098 profile image84
    mts1098posted 4 years ago

Nothing that I am aware in Pennsylvania but I hear the Jersey Devil stops by at a Flyers games once in a while smile

3. Sandy Frost profile image60
    Sandy Frostposted 4 years ago

Here in India, we share borders with Nepal in north and north-east, along with valleys of Himalayan mountain series. There is a controversy here in those valleys since hundreds of years and that is about a giant living creature named as "Yeti", who is half-human and half-gorilla (or ape), resembles like old ancestral ape-looking species of humans. Local peoples call him "giant ice man" as according to them, he is 10 feet tall and his skin looks like it is covered with a white-fur. What controversies say is true or not but as per their sayings, his footsteps have also been spotted by local peoples, tv channels and some geographists too. What photographs and footsteps say about that special creature is only a mythical controversy or some truth!!, only God knows. smile

4. 0
    jomineposted 4 years ago

We have a god who "died" and got resurrected to save humans from him.

5. jennzie profile image83
    jennzieposted 4 years ago

I'm not too aware of any mythical creatures in Pennsylvania, but, on the topic of ghosts, there is the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia which is supposedly one of the most haunted places in the country. smile

6. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I don't know if it's mythical, or not, but when I was a kid we lived in France and were going to go fishing in Lozere. One of the neighbors told me a story about the beast of Gevaudan. Supposedly wolflike animals terrorized the region in the 18th century, killing over one hundred people. He said they were werewolves, but  from some things I've read they think it was an ancestor of the modern day wolf that  had somehow survived extinction over the millenia.

7. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago

The Beast of Gevaudan was no myth. It was an extremely well documented case; and the eye-witness descriptions do indeed support the theory of a prehistoric wolf species. However, being near impervious to bullets- possibly a higher vibrational rate- the more likely answer to its origins- according to some investigators- is a time or dimension portal opening up vs any breeding population surviving through the vast millennium. The best researched and detailed book on the Beast is by the French author Aimee Pourcher translating from the original reports. King Louis the 15th but a large bounty on its head too by the way.

1. 0
      Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A time or dimension portal? I've never heard that one, but that's an interesting (if not scary) explanation.

8. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 4 years ago

Google 'spacetime' and start with Wikipedia for an overview Emile.

9. christianajohan profile image61
    christianajohanposted 4 years ago

I also heard about hollow earth and inner earth. Guess just myth but some USAF personnel went their with a co-pilot.

Sort of a "Journey through the center of the earth" movie by Brendan Frazier.

10. Disappearinghead profile image89
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

In the UK we have Satan who some people believe can cause your car to break down, control your mind, and produces cancerous tumours. What more can I say?

christianajohanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Satan? or Lucifer? We know he is the head of the devils but please clarify your story.

1. Disappearinghead profile image89
        Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

roll

11. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 4 years ago

In india, each state has it's own share of mythology, ghost stories and spoky stories related to the castles of the rulers in past. In my city, there are not much of stories of despairs of ghosts but yeah, there are some rumors mostly and nothing credible as expected. I don't remember much of the stories in this region right now, but will post if i remember something worth sharing.

I like Indian stories and I also like the 3 idiots.

12. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 4 years ago

There is this story of abandoned village bhangarh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhangarh

Hi,

Thanks for sharing but do you believe this? I am asking because I think you know this.

1. skyfire profile image73
        skyfireposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No.

working