Tell us story of mythical creatures or ghost stories in your country

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)
  1. christianajohan profile image56
    christianajohanposted 12 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6501132.jpg
    In England, we know about vampires and draculas. In China and Korea, they have different forms of zombies. In Philippines, we have while lady (ghost lady floating in midair), monster with half bat half woman with waist cut and can fly leaving her half body, tikbalang (half horse half man), capre and agta (a giant black man residing in big trees), sigbin (similar with malay civets but mythical creatures), witch or wizard who can change themselves into an animal they like(mostly dog, cat or pig), dwarves, laughing clown (tambaloslos) and 3rd dimension people who reside in trees, forests or cliffs which they themselves can only see.

1. RolyRetro profile image72
      RolyRetroposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You forgot about the 2 most famous "real" myhtical creatures in the Uk.  First, the Loch Ness Monster - most likely to be a type of dinosaur that survived the global event.  Then there is the Beast of Bodmin, a huge wild cat that eats sheep when no-one is looking.

They must be real, they appear in the Sun newspaper all the time!

2. profile image0
    mts1098posted 12 years ago

Nothing that I am aware in Pennsylvania but I hear the Jersey Devil stops by at a Flyers games once in a while smile

3. Sandy Frost profile image60
    Sandy Frostposted 12 years ago

Here in India, we share borders with Nepal in north and north-east, along with valleys of Himalayan mountain series. There is a controversy here in those valleys since hundreds of years and that is about a giant living creature named as "Yeti", who is half-human and half-gorilla (or ape), resembles like old ancestral ape-looking species of humans. Local peoples call him "giant ice man" as according to them, he is 10 feet tall and his skin looks like it is covered with a white-fur. What controversies say is true or not but as per their sayings, his footsteps have also been spotted by local peoples, tv channels and some geographists too. What photographs and footsteps say about that special creature is only a mythical controversy or some truth!!, only God knows. smile

4. profile image0
    jomineposted 12 years ago

We have a god who "died" and got resurrected to save humans from him.

5. jennzie profile image72
    jennzieposted 11 years ago

I'm not too aware of any mythical creatures in Pennsylvania, but, on the topic of ghosts, there is the Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia which is supposedly one of the most haunted places in the country. smile

6. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I don't know if it's mythical, or not, but when I was a kid we lived in France and were going to go fishing in Lozere. One of the neighbors told me a story about the beast of Gevaudan. Supposedly wolflike animals terrorized the region in the 18th century, killing over one hundred people. He said they were werewolves, but  from some things I've read they think it was an ancestor of the modern day wolf that  had somehow survived extinction over the millenia.

7. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

The Beast of Gevaudan was no myth. It was an extremely well documented case; and the eye-witness descriptions do indeed support the theory of a prehistoric wolf species. However, being near impervious to bullets- possibly a higher vibrational rate- the more likely answer to its origins- according to some investigators- is a time or dimension portal opening up vs any breeding population surviving through the vast millennium. The best researched and detailed book on the Beast is by the French author Aimee Pourcher translating from the original reports. King Louis the 15th but a large bounty on its head too by the way.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A time or dimension portal? I've never heard that one, but that's an interesting (if not scary) explanation.

8. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

Google 'spacetime' and start with Wikipedia for an overview Emile.

9. christianajohan profile image56
    christianajohanposted 11 years ago

I also heard about hollow earth and inner earth. Guess just myth but some USAF personnel went their with a co-pilot.

Sort of a "Journey through the center of the earth" movie by Brendan Frazier.

10. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 11 years ago

In the UK we have Satan who some people believe can cause your car to break down, control your mind, and produces cancerous tumours. What more can I say?

christianajohanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Satan? or Lucifer? We know he is the head of the devils but please clarify your story.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

roll

11. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 11 years ago

In india, each state has it's own share of mythology, ghost stories and spoky stories related to the castles of the rulers in past. In my city, there are not much of stories of despairs of ghosts but yeah, there are some rumors mostly and nothing credible as expected. I don't remember much of the stories in this region right now, but will post if i remember something worth sharing.

I like Indian stories and I also like the 3 idiots.

12. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 11 years ago

There is this story of abandoned village bhangarh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhangarh

Hi,

Thanks for sharing but do you believe this? I am asking because I think you know this.

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)