jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Red Neck Rangers Defeated by a Tree Hugging Hippie!

1. bgamall profile image84
    bgamallposted 6 years ago

Now before you all get your panties in a wad, I know the Rangers are not all red necks. BTW, as a young guy I was a Nolan Ryan fan at Anaheim. Used to watch him when the seats were cheap!

But Lincicom is no doubt a tree hugging hippie, lol.

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Lincecum may be a Washington grunge head, but he wears bow ties -- so he defies stereotyping!

My (more or less) objective view of the Series players is that they are both excellent teams this year. The Rangers deserve a huge round of applause for beating the Yankees. That in and of itself is HUGE!

If it wasn't for the TX flags waving, you really wouldn't have even known that you were in the Lone Star State. Unlike Phillie fans, I felt the TX fans were very well behaved and not redneck.

But the Giants definitely have their share of "characters" and renegades. Kinda remind me of the Red Sox of 2004. I hope they never lose that individuality!

bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They are like the old Raiders. Or maybe like the old Washington Redskins who were misfits and made it to the Superbowl.

And the Texas fans were much more respectful than the Philly fans. I personally think that without the Giant's hot pitching, the Phillys had the best team and I think they will win next year.

3. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Next year it can revert back to Philly and NYY. I don't care.
    Next year anything can happen, including trades and injuries!

This outcome was the SF equivalent of Miracle Mets '69 and Boston 2004.
    I'm thrilled to have lived to see this!

Yes, it amazing how they got hits sparingly but at the right time, and seemed destined to win.

4. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

The giants are renegades lol thats funny. they got guys who go out there give it 100% and thats it. Brian wilson is weird but no renegade, none of them are and this comes from a dodger fan!!!

No,  I guess they aren't like the old Raiders regarding behavior.
      But they while not being renegades, they are someone individualistic.

working