Disabling Autoplay of Audio CDs and USB Drives
Modern computers support USB drives like pen drives and CDs or DVDs. When you want to connect a pen drive through the USP port of your computer, you generally see that an
auto run window will be opened. Moreover, if you insert a CD or DVD onto your CD/DVD ROM/RAM, you will also see a
auto run window. Most often, this option is very harmful for your PC or
laptop for spreading virus or trojan. Most of the viruse or other harmful threats are spreading through pen drive. And if your computer has the option the autoplay enabled, you may also be affected these types of threats. So, better to disable auto play option and open the pen drives or CD/DVD by explore option. This page will tell you the ways to disable autoplay option of your computer. Just keep reading...
Step 01: Running '"gpedit.msc" command
- Firstly, click on the Start menu of your computer.
- Then clike on Run.
- Type the command gpedit.msc and hit Enter key
After finishing all the above steps, you will notice a new window which is referred as Group Policy window will be appeared. The Group Policy window will look like the following figure.
- Speed Up Disk Cleanup Scanning Time in Windows
- How to Remove AVG Anti-virus?
- How to Change Desktop Background Picture or Image?
- How to Delete Undeleted File
- Seven Hacks And Tweaks for Your Computer Sanity
- How to Create Folder(s)
- How to Configure IP Address on Windows XP?
- How to create a batch file
- Screen Optimizing Firefox 3 Hacks And Tweaks
Step 02: Exploring "Turn off Auto Play"
- From the Group Policy window, click on Administrative Templates and it will expand.
- Click on System under Administrative Templates and you will find some folders and file names will be appeared to the right side.
- Now find Turn off Autoplay and double click on it.
Configuring "Turn of Autoplay Properties"
When you double click on Turn off Autoplay, a new window will be opened. Form that window, change the following settings:
- From the Setting tab, set the radio button to Enabled.
- Change the Turn off Autoplay on to All Drives.
- At last, click on OK and finished the configuration.
By following the above steps, you can easily disable auto play option and can safe form the attack of virus or any other types of threats.
© Written by rancidTaste
If you are enjoyed this post, please consider to leave a comment at the comment section of this page or Subscribe to rancidTaste's RSS feed to get new pages which will be delivered to your feed reader. You can also read more hubs by rancidTaste.
More by this Author
A list of default usernames and passwords for CISCO routers.
Solution of the Oracle installation problem on Windows 7 / Windows XP during Oracle installation start-up. Know the reasons and solution of the erro "CreateFile error 32 when trying set file time" Error During...
- 5How to Reset/Remove/Bypass a BIOS or CMOS Password? : A Complete Guide to Reset/Remove/Bypass BIOS or CMOS Password
User level passwords are used to restrict unauthorized access of a computer. BIOS or CMOS passwords are used to prevent access to BIOS settings or to prevent PC from booting. Thus BIOS passwords are used to add or...