jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Apple is launching search engine to destroy Google.

1. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image87
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 16 months ago

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/apple-la … -calacanis
    Will it control the monopoly of Google.

1. Zander Collision profile image79
      Zander Collisionposted 16 months ago in reply to this

In the article it is written that spotlight doesn't show ads, only content. I don't think it will be same forever. Apple Inc. is a company which always charge fees for its services.

Plus, I'm amazed at the writing style of the author. Using slang's and abusive words. I have never read an article on LinkedIn, looks like an amateur writer.

I think it's someone who hates Google because his blog got penalized. Google is a big company, Yahoo and Bing have come together to beat Google in search engine market. Yet they can't get a fair market share.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 16 months ago in reply to this

We will see whether it does. It has tried before with others.

2. CassandraCae profile image89
    CassandraCaeposted 16 months ago

The authors writing style was fine and he is def not an amteur if you read the whole article.  I think it is an interesting concept.  Ad free search integrated into the operating system of the phone.  I

3. Blake Flannery profile image91
    Blake Flanneryposted 16 months ago

Just like Apple has brand recognition for iPhone, iPad, and iPod (Uninformed people call any tablet an iPad), people use the word "Google" as a verb meaning online search. Apple would be smart to use a verb when naming it's new creation, so people will replace "Google it" with "_____ it." I think it will take a while for Google to lose the social influence and brand recognition as the search dominator.

4. favored profile image58
    favoredposted 16 months ago

The article isn't even worth a tweet.