jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Own Site Layout

1. Ritsos profile image64
    Ritsosposted 6 years ago

Had one of those stressy days so not sure if I can do this here .. if not delete it .. but would appreciate comments on the layout of an example page of a site I'm doing .. mainly re effectiveness of ad placings ... I suspect I've veered slightly towards the 'design' side of things ..

http://www.chant4.com/testsites/grumple … ritsos.php

1. hotwebideas profile image83
      hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just found this post and clicked on your URL, but there was no page there.

2. sunforged profile image73
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

thumbs up

to nitpick, if it was mine - i would lose the borders on adsense blocks and center the skyscraper.

Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ta .. why lose the borders ?  I prefer them but that is probably once again a designer view

1. sunforged profile image73
        sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Im a designer also. Guess we have different tastes.

As a designer and a marketer, adsense modules seem to perform better when they are blended into the theme a bit more than you have currently done.

Its an easy change! keep it as you like and be sure to occasionally make changes and measure your results.

As a designer, you will find that little things that catch or lead the eye can be very useful in attracting viewer attention.

To be honest, I spent ages faffing about with wordpress and got so frustrated that I knocked that one together pretty quickly .. I will have a bit of a tidy up I think .. maybe just need to sleep on it .. been a frustrating day all round .. ta :-)

3. Monisajda profile image84
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I don't like borders either.

would 2 square blocks without borders look better do you think ?

4. theherbivorehippi profile image83
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

I also eliminate borders.  They seem to do better for me when they "blend" more.

looking a bit better now ?

5. johncimble profile image61
    johncimbleposted 6 years ago

It's not to bad but I think the advertising immediately sticks out a bit to much. Maybe format the title of the page content better and include a footer as well.

working