jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What is your view on the ad placements of the new layout of Hubpages?

1. yougotme profile image90
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

What is your view on the ad placements of the new layout of Hubpages?

I've been reading some negative feedback on how the 2 ads are placed at the bottom of the hub.

How did the ad placements affect your Ad Program and Adsense revenue?

2. mcacreate profile image60
    mcacreateposted 5 years ago

Very negative, not toward hubpages but Google and Adsense. My application was denied to become an adsense member swo people can click on the ads all they want and I will never see a dime. I wish so bad that companies would pick some other way than adsense. i'm sure when Google first got started, and they were looking for income and to be successful, they didn't reject anyone. And from what I hear, once they reject you, it is very hard to get that changed. Same thing with adwords. But with Adwords there are other other options like msn's version of adwords. But Everybody uses adsense.

1. littlepiggy profile image61
      littlepiggyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Out of curiosity, why were you rejected? Did you apply without having content or an adequate domain?

3. profile image0
    topaz blueposted 5 years ago

Hello
    I quite like it and have extended this, although I don't really know what the previous lay out was.
    Many thanks
    Topaz Blue

4. LouTucci profile image77
    LouTucciposted 5 years ago

I DON'T LIKE IT. FOR SOME REASON, AS I AM STILL WAITING FOR AN EXPLANATION, EVER SINCE IT WAS CHANGED MY DAILY REVENUE HAS GONE FROM AN AVERAGE OF 25 CENTS AND AS HIGH AS 68 CENTS,, DOWN TO 2 CENTS!

AND YES, THERE'S A REASON WHY MY CAP BOTTOM IS ON.

LOU

1. Anil and Honey profile image64
      Anil and Honeyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

it may change the Account setting so i don't like it

5. bigbenbackagain profile image59
    bigbenbackagainposted 5 years ago

I haven't got ads now so i don't know how it work's would like too but i have a lot going on with the mother of my kids is back in the icu maimivally in dayton ohio and maybe going back in a coma again if her oygen do go up soon and i just don't have the time too spend right now too do but would like too learn how too i started it thinking i would have time but its hard right at this time so please help with this too make money on this" hubpage bigbenbackagain"  and i do make some money on other site's but would like too link them. some how but with all that is going on and the kids are having it hard with their mother being gone and don't know what too tell right now other than pray for her and they do it is so pleasing too see them do that at this time ! Thank you all for the infor. that you all have given me so far and thanks for all the prayer's too my kids love too have me read them too them from your emails ! Bigbenbackagain hubpages hope too get it started soon too help me with the time i am losing at work !

6. aa lite profile image91
    aa liteposted 5 years ago

I have not really noticed any changes in my earnings.  When the new hub layout first came out I really liked the way it looked and how little there was on the page to distract from the content, but I was worried about the earning potential.  It is quite hard for me to believe that most people view the two ads at the bottom of the page.  however my earnings seem to be more or less constant (from between 25c to 45c a day). 

I would also be interested to know whether people are seeing an increase in traffic, which is the reason the changes were made, I guess.  It might be too early to tell about that, I imagine Google needs some time to notice the new layout.

working