New AdSense layout coming

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 54 discussions (106 posts)
  1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

We are getting close to putting out a new ad layout that should improve earnings for authors, while creating more separation of ads from the content.

For authors, the most significant change is there will be a 728X90 above the title and the 468X60 (under the title) will be removed along with one link unit.  We will be monitoring earnings closely and believe this will be good for authors and readers.

We will continue to watch this tweak and may make more changes in the near future.  We'll keep you posted.

-Paul

1. canadawest99 profile image60
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hope it helps cause things are really sinking fast. Traffic and CTR are really suffering.

1. Hubman007 profile image60
        Hubman007posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was just going to say that it seems to be getting worse!

google.com traffic is almost non existent now!

2. tritrain profile image69
        tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I personally haven't noticed a drop in traffic or CTR. 

I'm glad that HubPages is being proactive about the ads and layout.

3. profile image0
        wendy87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think images ads leads to more click..!!!!

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

good to know. thanks for keeping us posted on this. smile

3. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have just checked my hubs, it is good to see that 468X60 (under the title) is gone now. But I don't see any 728X90 ads above the title.

How to bring that ad unit?

1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
        Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to be signed out to see the unit.

1. Len Cannon profile image87
          Len Cannonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I signed out and don't see any banners, just the 350xwhatever to the right of the first paragraph.

2. profile image0

Thanks. It's OK now (after signed out)

Why the ad unit 728X90 is visible only after signed out? (because I am seeing other units when logged in)

4. profile image56
      rieomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just went and changed the ads on my hubs.  Mostly, I am glad that HubPages is working to keep this site going and helping us at the same time.

5. the clean life profile image72
      the clean lifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul and all of the Hubpages Staff for helping all of us improve our hubs and earning. You are doing a wonderful job Hubpages Team!!

6. lakeerieartists profile image63
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just caught up with this thread.  I find the conversation interesting, because for me, my Amazon is doing about the same as before, it is my Adsense and Ebay that have nosedived compared to before.  I am systematically lowering the amount of items in my product capsules however, in most of them, I am just giving my readers specific choices of items that I am discussing in my hub.  I almost never use news capsules at all, and use link capsules to link to related hubs primarily.

And while my overall traffic is down, I am still getting about 90% of my traffic from search engines Google being about 73%.  The percentages haven't changed too much, more just the overall volume and income.

Not sure how to take it all, or whether the fixes mentioned so far really will fix things.  None of my other sites have been affected hardly at all.

7. experimenter profile image60
      experimenterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sir, With all due respect, my earnings dropped tremendously after you removed the ad unit just under the title and the other link unit sad

8. Bendo13 profile image76
      Bendo13posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to say that I kind of doubted this was a good move.. BUT today I earned a few bucks from just three clicks!

I was use to this before the algorithm change but to go from earning zero to a few cents the past few days to this big jump is a good look for the new layout.

It is just one day but I'll have to wait and see if the earnings are higher tomorrow as well.

9. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I have seen much higher click through rates with this method, but I tend to avoid it because I can never get teh ad spot to look 'right'.

Look forward to seeing how it works for us on Hubpages though (I am sure it is going to be great!)

10. snakebaby profile image66
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's always appreciated of HP trying to make things for better. But I am not seeing any ads above the title. I logged out and in, still nothing. $0 adsense for the past couple of days which is very usual for me. I wonder whether it is a rare coincidence or it's been affected by HP ads program or it is the new layout thing? Absolutely no ads on the top

11. snakebaby profile image66
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has this taken place? I haven't seen anything above the title, even with the full banner ads gone. Confused

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

shouldn't this be sticky?

1. englightenedsoul profile image59
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ummm.... stuck - as in treacle

3. Aya Katz profile image83
      Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What does "sticky" mean in this context?

1. RonPare profile image68
        RonPareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stuck in the forum list to garner attention

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

seems quite sticky already

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 13 years ago

I've noticed Google traffic falling off too. Hope this new change with ad positions on top helps with earnings. Thanks to all HP staff for always trying to stay on top of things. No pun intended. smile

5. twentyfive profile image78
    twentyfiveposted 13 years ago

Removing the 468X60 ads (under the title) is OK. But can you please bring back the horizontal link unit in the middle of the hub?

1. canadawest99 profile image60
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The horizontal link can still be put in, just put a picture in the center of your text.

1. twentyfive profile image78
        twentyfiveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup, still no horizontal link...I checked all of my hubs. Sigh.........

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

true

2. experimenter profile image60
      experimenterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second the motion. Please bring back the horizontal link in the middle of the hub!!!!

6. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the heads up!  Just noticed that the layout is different, when a person inquires our hubs/sites now.  It doesn't seem to look as professional, and our site pictures don't show up...when you press hub inquiry?  Hopefully it is all for the betterment of the writer?  Be looking for the changes you mentioned:)

7. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 13 years ago

Paul, I read in Ren's blog, Things to Help Your Hubs that you left a comment saying "Hard to say this is the exact thing bringing them back, but overall, I think it’s good to significantly reduce syndicated content on Hubs."

I was thinking about that before I came across your comment. My own thoughts are that the news capsule can make it look to Google like copied text. So I agree with you. I'd rather not include news capsules at this point.

8. K9keystrokes profile image85
    K9keystrokesposted 13 years ago

Thanks Paul. Looking forward to seeing how the changes add up. Really appreciate the work the HP team has done in an attempt to increase quality, as well as our $$$$$ stats. Hoping for a long happy HP relationship.

1. safiq ali patel profile image66
      safiq ali patelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm still learning. But for authors on hubpages the hub pages ad programme should be an good additional way of boosting revenue from publishing here.

2. Peggy W profile image95
      Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

9. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

Yes.  We ran several tests and Hubs that used Amazon were the most likely to see a decrease in traffic, followed by the news capsule. We can only guess at the reasons, but it's possible that it looks like copied content, possibly resembles a scraped site, and could have an ad to content ratio that is to heavily weighted toward ads that the new algorithm doesn't like as much.  Again, just possible theories.  However, we are pretty sure that if the content engages the reader, the search engines will come around.

1. K9keystrokes profile image85
      K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With all of the HubPages tests, and the new algorithm in mind: Can Youtube video's cause performance deline as well? Possibly registering as copied content in the same manner?

2. Bendo13 profile image76

Hmm that's pretty sad if that is the reason... Amazon pays me more often than eBay and the News capsules are pretty handy.

Pretty much ALL my hubs have Amazon and News capsules on them...

I'd like a little more research before I decide to switch everything.

Today I made 7 cents from Adsense, 5 cents yesterday... uhhh yeah.  I'm use to a couple bucks.

Only made a dime from Amazon the past week.

And I haven't made a single cent through eBay this month.

My traffic is down like 300 page views a day than what I'm use to but does that really explain the drop in the click through rate?  I mean I'm still getting 500-800 views a day...   

I was pulling in on average around $75 a month from adsense, now I'll be lucky to hit $50

I don't think this new layout is working that well so far but I hope you guys can figure something out... I'll keep watching the forums to see what might be bringing down views.

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm beginning to think no one's results are typical.  My Adsense is up and down but on pace to at least make the $100 payout easily with my few hubs.  Amazon is crazy with a bunch of sales every so often with days with zero sales in between.

Fortunately, there are a good ratio of $200+ sales amongst the $40-$100 items.  Still, traffic is down about 1/3.  smile

Only HP knows how well the new ad program works on my hubs.

1. Bendo13 profile image76

Well personally I'm loving the HP ad program... it pays every day because I'm always getting hits to my hubs.  And in fact, I think it might actually end up paying me more than Adsense use to even before the algorithm change.  Which is a big plus!

But what I'm looking at here is my three big earners... eBay, Amazon and Adsense.  The new HP ad program is here to stay for me... it's a big winner.  But should I keep the other 3... I'm thinking not.

So far this year eBay has only earned me $23.92 with a very low earning per click... it's sucked in a TON of clicks (some of which convert to zero sales) What would that look like if those were all Google clicks?  I'd say a good amount of money.

Then we have Amazon.. I've earned $153.80 with them so far this year with a decent earning per click... 3 TIMES what eBay is giving me!  Sure, it sucked in more than twice the clicks compared to eBay BUT I earned more than 6 times the amount of money with Amazon.  So I think I might just hold onto them.

But let's take a look at Adsense... I've made $162.64 with them so far this year.  And the beauty is there's no commitment for the reader other than clicking... there is ALWAYS an earning per click. 

In light of recent events I'm seriously considering dropping all eBay capsules from my Hubs and seeing what happens.  If anyone has thoughts on this then let me know.

Here are my earnings from last year to give you a better idea:
          eBay: $94.20
          Amazon: $160.40
          Adsense: $661.31

And the new HP ad program is on track to outdo anything I had with Adsense... it only makes sense to drop the weakest link, right?
          (Like I kicked Kontera to the curb ages ago)

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I just logged out to have a look around. The new layout looks good on my newly revised hubs. The large unit above the title had some good ads on it.

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Thank you Paul. smile

12. profile image0

I should have said thank you to Paul as well. It looks like hubbers all over the US from San Francisco to Cape Cod are up late working away. (And on a Friday night!)

13. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

thank you paul, these are trying times- though I think for me as a smaller earner things are holding up- google uk traffic is soaring to make the gap up and earnings are remaining fairly constant with the added bonus of the HP programme . (small time for me but it is real and increases every day)
    I am thinking of taking amazon links off a couple of history hubs but they are there really to help the reader if they want to take the subject forward- so maybe its a wait and see game.

Nice to see all the changes from HP, especially those to prevent duplicated content and low quality

14. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Yes - another "thanks" coming your way, Paul.

15. Ritsos profile image40
    Ritsosposted 13 years ago

when you say 'amazon links', do you mean the ones that take people to a specific book etc ... I've got those on all my hubs and wonder if they need removing ?

16. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Thank you, Paul.  I just finished getting rid of my excess amazon links.  Good thing I only have a few hubs.  Thanks again for looking after us.

17. Ign Andy profile image57
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

I should say thank you as well. Now, at least there are some hints what should we do next.

18. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 13 years ago

Thanks Paul. This is very exciting news and I'm looking forward to the change.

19. toknowinfo profile image69
    toknowinfoposted 13 years ago

Any idea how long it will take before we see the benefits from these changes?

20. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I have nothing above my title.  Is there something that I have to do?

21. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Thank You so much Paul for any help with earnings and views will be grearly appreciated. As it is now, both views and earnings really Stink.

22. Brie Hoffman profile image60
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I guess I have to change ALL of my hubs and locate the photo to the center in order for this to work???

23. FaithDream profile image77
    FaithDreamposted 13 years ago

Thanks Paul and to Hubpages for looking at ways to improve our sites. As with anything, it takes time and the tweaks are evident during this time.
    I appreciate that Hubpages listens to the community and is making such improvements.

24. Cheeky Girl profile image67
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Cheers Paul. These ads look great on websites at the top bar, and it would look cool at the top part of a hub. Ever thought of doing something with dividers that could have a mini-ad on them or as part of the divider? Just wondering. But any improvements at this point are gladly welcomed! A Big Thanks for this Cheeky Girl!

25. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF

I'd only recommend adding an amazon product when it's critical to the content of a Hub.  For example, if you're reviewing a product or book it makes sense to add the product.  Another way it makes sense to add a product is when you are describing how to do a project and you list the items needed to complete the project.

If it's not a perfect fit, I'd suggest leaving them out.  We have several authors that haven't seen their traffic drop, they rarely use amazon, links capsules and news capsules.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Got anything else for us wink

Thanks for the update!

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paul, when you refer to link capsules does this include capsules which only link internally?

And how about RSS feed which display "latest hubs", what should be done with those?

26. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 13 years ago

I saw a gigantic ad where the 728X90 goes over the fold.  Ray Charles couldn't miss it!

27. Jangaplanet profile image60
    Jangaplanetposted 13 years ago

Hi, my ads are no longer showing even after a log out. Only thing i see are side middle ads to the right. I don't know what else to do! I spent the last two weeks before this new announcement fixing and trying to get ads on the middle page and now all this seems to be gone.

28. Laura Marie profile image59
    Laura Marieposted 13 years ago

I had noticed there were not as many ads on my pages. My ctr has dropped quite a bit today as a result. Hopefully it will improve.

29. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 13 years ago

There's a Catch 22 here

=> Reduce the number and Prominence of Google ads to increase rankings on Google and to overcome the low quality tag for hubpages.

=> Fewer and less prominent ads will reduce income from the ads

My pages have only a side ad and a mid page ad - nothing near the Title - this will dramatically reduce earnings!!!

How do we know that the new layout will not greatly reduce earnings of 'good quality' pages that still appear in Google search results on page 1?

Aren't all authors being 'punished' by having their earning potential for 'good' pages reduced to deal with the 'low quality issues?

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

More changes

The adsense block now appears above the title after you log out, but the major ad to the side has gone.

The layout now closely resembles Ezinearticles.com  - which went down the gurgler after Panda sat on it!

Where is all this heading? Will it work?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4761654_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

The change in Ad layout was done to increase potential CTR, not to improve SERPS rankings. As per the original post, which states as such. So I'm not really sure what kind of answer you want, asides from the answer that has already been given?

My concern is that this could reduce SERPS rankings - no hits means no money, despite rise in CTR.
          Are the ads too prominent?
          Was Ezine penalised because of this layout?
          How can we be assured that this will not happen?

1. profile image0

I should imagine that the biggest problem with Ezine was its huge quantities of duplicate content. You are talking about a website which produced a Wordpress plugin for people to scrape their entire portfolio of Wordpress content onto their sites. That and the large amount of material which had been produced with article spinners.

But their articles are checked by two humans.
              Their layout was identified as a key reason for their demise.

1. Ign Andy profile image57
                Ign Andyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just sharing: I duplicated my content there a few times, submitted to other directories and still pass the human editor.

2. Eve Foss profile image72
      Eve Fossposted 13 years ago

I guess I'm off to delete some Amazon capsules! Here's hoping it works!

1. Midnight Oil profile image84
        Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just got rid of few of mine too....

3. Jangaplanet profile image60
      Jangaplanetposted 13 years ago

Actually i had a few dollars a day earning from adsense ,now its a few day i do not make anything.

4. Len Cannon profile image87
      Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Well, I have the horizontal link and I think everything looks good. I'm gonna call today a wash, but I have zero clicks for the first time since... 2009.... and it is pretty sad.  Here's to tomorrow, though.

5. profile image0

Ryan are you up very late or did you get up early. What time of the morning is it there?

1. profile image0

Half four, up late. Now going to sleep.

Its 4.30am, I am up at 9am to visit a small town called Cromer for the third time in two weeks.

In order to take photos, which will be used as a website similar in style but on a smaller scale to yours and bills wink

Nighty night.

6. Denise Handlon profile image84
      Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

This is so sad...I am clueless about what you are referring to here!   I've got a lot of reading to do obviously...

7. Dale Nelson profile image38
      Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Oh dear,
      Just recovered from the new algo and now the hubpages dance begins.
      See you in a week then.
      Thanks for the update Paul.
      I dont understand the reasoning for the change though.

8. albc profile image60
      albcposted 13 years ago

hope that i am not late to say thanks to paul..

9. profile image0

I have to say on visiting hubs after being logged out again. I'm overwhelmed by the spammy quality of the current ads. They are huge, bright, and ugly - apparently part of the new ad campaign. (This isn't bitterness about not profiting from them, I can live quite nicely with adsense earnings on my share of impressions.)

But as I consider bringing a new type of content to HubPages, I have to wonder if my content and visitor is compatible with the visual impact of these ads - and if I want my personal name associated with the quality of those ads. I mean my name and content is there on HPs 40 percent.

Just my two cents for consideration. I know that we're all feeling our way in new territory.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
        theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree

2. Bendo13 profile image76

Yeah they're not that targeted to the content.

3. janderson99 profile image54

its a catch33 (?)
        => we and hubpages, want clicks on ads
        => we want readers to like hubpage articles and not see it as junky
        => we want google to like the page and not penalise it.

We need to know that the optimum balance to the layout design has been applied.

This is critical as the layout applies to everyone irrespective of the quality of the content.

10. revmjm profile image87
      revmjmposted 13 years ago

I just received an e-mail from HubPages listing 5 of my 104 hubs with excess Amazon links. Even though they gave me until March 25 to remove them, I did so right away. It was much easier to remove the extra Amazon products than to write an additional 50 words per item.

11. HRoger profile image60
      HRogerposted 13 years ago

Ok so I guess that requiring us to write 50 words per Hub means 50 overall words in the Hub’s content right guys? Or do we have to describe each product with 50 specific words towards that product only?
      Another thing I was wondering, are we suppose to see our publisher ID once we are logged off our hub account?

Because I logged of and was checking the code only to see no pub Id at all, unlike most of the other websites that show both our pub ID and also the client’s pub ID, I'm guessing that HubPages is different right? Can anyone lighten me up please? Thanks.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your hub must have 50 words for each ad you have, it does not mean each ad needs 50 words of description. For example, if you have 8 Amazon ads, your hub needs to be at least 400 words.

1. HRoger profile image60
          HRogerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot for your reply Susan, it really helped get this straight, I also figured out the ads problem, and that was just an "impression" thing, I guess some how I was lucky enough to view HubPages impression instead of mine.

12. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

Thanks Paul, good information in this forum and I realized I am not alone with the google stinking right now smile

13. kiwitom profile image49
      kiwitomposted 13 years ago

Does anyone know if having a news capsule on your hub now has a negative effect on your SERPs position?
      I've a news capsule on pretty much all of my hubs and my google.com traffic has vaporised since the algo change.
      Am tempted to remove the news capsule altogether..

1. HRoger profile image60
        HRogerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi kiwiton if you can find Paul's post about the news capsule it should answer your questions, either way I copied so I'll past it right here for you big_smile

"Paul Edmondson posted 44 hours ago

Yes.  We ran several tests and Hubs that used Amazon were the most likely to see a decrease in traffic, followed by the news capsule. We can only guess at the reasons, but it's possible that it looks like copied content, possibly resembles a scraped site, and could have an ad to content ratio that is to heavily weighted toward ads that the new algorithm doesn't like as much.  Again, just possible theories.  However, we are pretty sure that if the content engages the reader, the search engines will come around."

So In my own words I would simply avoid news capsules, there is no true valuable nature to them unless I would think they are more important than the content we are creating. I would simply avoid them (period).

14. kiwitom profile image49
      kiwitomposted 13 years ago

Thanks HRoger, I think I'll remove the news from my hubs and monitor them for any changes. Any drastic movement up or down and I'll let you all know!

15. twentyfive profile image78
      twentyfiveposted 13 years ago

Thanks Paul for the changes smile

Please bring back the horizontal ad unit after the 1st/2nd capsule. CTR is so low for the past couple of days. I think we need that ad unit back wink

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
        theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree!

2. profile image0

Yes. My CTR also sucks for last few days. So bringing back 468 X 60 ad unit is a good deal for most hubbers.

16. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I am seeing a rise in earnings at the moment, I don't know whether it is the effort I have put in or a return to how things were before Xmas and the Algo..lets hope things are settling!

1. kephrira profile image60
        kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here, some of my old hubs were badly optimized for adsense, and I changed a bunch of them while going through everthing to look at reducing amazon product links, so I don't have a clue how much of my higher ctr and ecpm is due to hubpages changes and how much is due to my own changes.

17. Bizziebee profile image60
      Bizziebeeposted 13 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the update Paul.

18. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 13 years ago

really good to know this

19. Moonmaiden profile image68
      Moonmaidenposted 13 years ago

A quick thank-you for how hard the staff works to keep this site great. All these ad things confuse the heck out of me and I'm sure many hubbers feel the same way.

20. deskokuzmanov profile image58
      deskokuzmanovposted 13 years ago

I think, adsense layout are fine now.

21. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Me thinks that HP may have shortened the left-side hub width by a couple of characters to make more room on the right side for ads. So if, like me, you tend to take it to the limit; you might want to make a quick check of the vulnerable hubs re: spacing/aesthetics (particularly the titles). I could be wrong. smile

22. len7288 profile image58
      len7288posted 13 years ago

I prefer the old adsense layout, and I think there should be an equal number of ads for google and hubpages program. For the past 5days that I activated the hubpages ad program my google adsense earning was greatly reduce to 1/4 and even less.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)