Is it worth to upgrade to Windows 8?

1. internetgeek profile image61
    internetgeekposted 4 years ago

What are some good features in Windows 8 to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

1. 59
      mhortonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was about to reply but then I saw you said "good features"...
      If you have a tablet or at least a touchscreen it would be worth it, otherwise... the only positive I can come up with is it boots and shuts down really fast.
      The problem is its built around "metro apps" the MS version of smartphone/tablet apps. The start button takes you there instead of a normal list of programs like previous versions. And you cannot close any app, just switch out of it because the OS controls that, closing them if you haven't used it in a while. (You can force them closed with task manager but why should you have to?)

2. Vledoc profile image61
    Vledocposted 4 years ago

I recommend always keeping up with the latest trends so you don't get left behind in technology. That being said, you don't have to upgrade right away.  If you are planning on buying a new computer in the next year or so you may save money by waiting until then. Most new computers you buy will already come with the latest operating system installed.

If you use a tablet PC you will probably get more out of Windows 8. It was built with tablets and other portable devices in mind, so it may be easier for you to integrate your devices.