jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best tablet/laptop in one device for Windows 8?

1. Brett.Tesol profile image49
    Brett.Tesolposted 5 years ago

What is the best tablet/laptop in one device for Windows 8?

I have a smart phone and a laptop. However, I never seem to take my laptop out, as it is quite heavy and I'm also worried about dropping it. The new Windows 9 devices look to be as powerful as laptops, can convert between table and laptop, and use SSDs (no worries if you drop it ... well, except for dents lol). Which is the best value power/value combination?

2. SilverRingvee profile image60
    SilverRingveeposted 5 years ago

i recommend you to wait for a new Microsoft Surface, this can be something revolutional.

3. AlphaTechWV profile image65
    AlphaTechWVposted 5 years ago

I went down to the local Staples when Windows 8 came out to play with all the new gadgets and these were the conclusions I made. Samsung has the best tablet that I've laid hands on. It didn't come with a keyboard but the stylus won me over the second I used it. It was pinpoint accurate and captured my signature perfectly. The tablet was responsive and light, and quite affordable considering what it was. My favorite "hybrid" was made by Lenovo. It is a laptop which swivels and folds into a tablet. The keyboard was plenty big enough for 99% of my typing needs (maybe a bit small for essays or long reports) and the weight was light enough for traveling. With a little more information on how you plan to use the device I can help you narrow your options down to what you need.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image81
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I found your answer helpful as I am looking at purchasing another Lenova( have an old IBM) which has been an absolute workhouse,10 yrs old and still using the same battery) oops Ive run out of allowable space here -thanks again

working