jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is it necessary to upgrade from windows XP to windows 8

1. tebo profile image85
    teboposted 3 years ago

Is it necessary to upgrade from windows XP to windows 8

2. Bubblegum Jones profile image59
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

No, and I wouldn't do it until you don't have any other choice.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

The only time I update from one version to another is when I buy a new computer and the new version is already loaded on it. The only problems you may run into is not being able to receive any security or other updates and eventually the newer software may not work as well or at all on XP.

4. markmorgangenius profile image90
    markmorgangeniusposted 3 years ago

It depends upon the configuration of your computer and why you need to upgrade your operating system. Any why specifically windows 8?

Windows 7 is equally good. I would recommend upgrading your system to windows 8 only if you have a touch screen monitor so as to easily assess the applications in tile format. If your system is an old one with configuration like core 2 duo processors or even lower like celeron ones then I would suggest you stick with XP only else the newer operating system will make your old system work slow as they require very much processing space.

5. bravewarrior profile image91
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

Tebo, I upgraded from XP to Windows 7. It was seamless and I'm glad I did it. From what I understand, Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP. I bought my upgrade on Amazon and have left a review, in addition to answering questions from others who were considering the upgrade as well. I don't hear good things about Windows 8, but I like 7.

1. tebo profile image85
      teboposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for all these answers. The reason I thought I needed to upgrade was because of Microsoft no longer supporting XP making the computer vulnerable. Upgrading to Windows 7 sounds like the best idea from all these answers. Thanks very much.

working