afriqnet profile image 53

Do owls symbolize death?

My traditional beliefs depict the Owl as a bad omen that symbolizes death. I did a research on the web about the bad omen related to Owls and I was surprised to see these answers:- If an owl lands on the roof of your house, it is an omen of death. Constant hooting near your house also foretells death. -- If an owl hoots at the moment of childbirth, the child will have an unhappy life. -- The Irish believe that if an owl flies into a house it must be killed immediately. If it escapes, it will take the luck of the house with it. What do you think about Owls? For me they are cute birds that's all

aviannovice profile image92

Deb Hirt (aviannovice) says

• sparklingcrystal profile image

sparklingcrystal 5 years ago

I agree. It depends on the culture of the place you live in. In our place it's also a symbolism for wisdom or intelligence.

wytegarillaz profile image77

wytegarillaz says

Beth-Woodard profile image74

Beth-Woodard says

lasertekservices says

dirthawker profile image59

dirthawker says

Joann1234 profile image60

Joann1234 says

Lynn S. Murphy says