afriqnet profile image 68

Do owls symbolize death?

My traditional beliefs depict the Owl as a bad omen that symbolizes death. I did a research on the web about the bad omen related to Owls and I was surprised to see these answers:- If an owl lands on the roof of your house, it is an omen of death. Constant hooting near your house also foretells death. -- If an owl hoots at the moment of childbirth, the child will have an unhappy life. -- The Irish believe that if an owl flies into a house it must be killed immediately. If it escapes, it will take the luck of the house with it. What do you think about Owls? For me they are cute birds that's all

aviannovice profile image87

Deb Hirt (aviannovice) says

• sparklingcrystal profile image

sparklingcrystal 4 years ago

I agree. It depends on the culture of the place you live in. In our place it's also a symbolism for wisdom or intelligence.

wytegarillaz profile image71

wytegarillaz says

lasertekservices says

Beth-Woodard profile image77

Beth-Woodard says

Joann1234 profile image62

Joann1234 says

Lynn S. Murphy says