jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

is it unhealthy to feed my 7 month old ball python 2 mice at a time

1. profile image47
    vanessaoneillposted 8 years ago

is it unhealthy to feed my 7 month old ball python 2 mice at a time

i just started feeding my ball two mice at a time, she eats both of them with no problem and doesnt seem to be experiencing any problems at all.Is this okay to keep doing?

2. shuang101 profile image57
    shuang101posted 8 years ago

I wouldn't say that's unhealthy since the snake is able to eat them.  You may want to consider going a bit larger though to save yourself some money since snakes generally eat 1 big item over lots of tiny ones.  It wouldn't be so much a health issue for the snake, just be easier on your pockets smile

3. profile image47
    vanessaoneillposted 8 years ago

Thank you very much, my boyfriend loves to feed her a few mice at a time and i was nervous it would be unhealthy, but thanks again for answering me smile

4. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

I take it you are feeding dead mice? If so it doesn't matter. Feed as many as you like, as many as it will eat. Snakes basically sleep and hunt so let it sleep off its meal.

You'll know when its ready for its next meal (a week to a month depending on its growth rate and whether its shedding) when it starts exploring its cage.

If you're feeding live mice, that's a whole different question with very different answers!

working