do you like cats

1. profile image44
    dlj200posted 8 years ago

do you like cats

2. Springboard profile image82
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

I'm not sure I can truly say I don't like cats since I now have two of them which I inherited when I married my wife. I used to adamantly proclaim a dislike for the creatures, but I think its safe to say that the correct word in hindsight is 'preference.' I don't dislike cats. I simply do not prefer them.

I don't like the litterbox in the house. I don't like that cats do not obey orders like dogs do. Cats also seem to be more temperamental than dogs are. Theus, the male of the two, has this very bad habit of peeing in places he's not supposed to—though the wife has been warned that now that new carpet has been laid in the master bedroom, if he goes in the spot where he had previously several times, he will be banished from the house permanently (happy trails, my friend).

Which leaves me to another issue. You cannot train a cat like you can train a dog. I can stick Theus' nose in the naughty spot all day long, and he won't have a clue why he's in trouble.

3. nifty@50 profile image75
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

Yes! I think that people make up their minds to dislike cats because society teaches us to dislike cats. Watch cartoons old or new the cat is always the bad guy "mean ol' putty cat" as Tweetty bird puts it! Cats should be revered for their wildness (they have been domesticated thousands of years less than dogs) and their independent nature. Cats could have prevented much of the devastation that took place in the middle ages due to the plague! Problem was they were killed off because they were thought to be "evil", as a result, the rat population that carried the plague went totally unchecked!