jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are dogs really men's best friends, as what the saying goes?

1. telltale profile image74
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Are dogs really men's best friends, as what the saying goes?

2. FCEtier profile image75
    FCEtierposted 7 years ago

The dogs I have had over the years have proven to be loyal, friendly, and protective to me and my family.  I cannot think of any attributes of a "best friend". So, my answer to your question is an enthusiastic "Yes!".

3. michifus profile image82
    michifusposted 7 years ago

Dogs are pack animals. The prefer living in groups. In each pack there is an alpha male and the rest are subordinates and generally do not challenge authority. Humans are the alpha's or pack leaders, and the dogs take a subordinate role and do as they are told and they love company. They protect their owners too. (Obviously not always otherwise Cesar Milan would be out of a job!)

Dogs are loyal, obedient, can be easily trained, and will, in most cases do as they are told. This makes them man's best friend.

Cats on the other hand do not live in groups. The only "packs" of cats are lions, all other cats are solitary animals, coming together only to mate. You cant really train a cat, it does whatever it wants. You never really "own" a cat, it tolerates you.

Cats are not man's best friend. Man is a cats best friend. When it suits them that is.

4. Flavie Lolol profile image76
    Flavie Lololposted 7 years ago

Quote: "Lets put it this way. Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for 24 hours. When you open the trunk, tell me which one will be happy to see you"

You can also put it this way: Put your husband and your dog in the boot of your vehicle for only one hour. When you open the boot, you will easily be able to tell which of the two is your best friend.

5. profile image0
    MilaMonkeysMommaposted 7 years ago

HAHAH! I love this - "Lets put it this way. Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for 24 hours. When you open the trunk, tell me which one will be happy to see you."

I have one dog and one cat. I must admit, my dog is much more loyal and wants to be in my presence all the time. It is true that dogs are pack animals and thrive on that feeling of being in a pack.

So, to answer - yep dog is man's best friend!

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

i beleave so did you know that dog spelled bakwards is god

7. Arietha profile image70
    Ariethaposted 7 years ago

Oh yes they are ! At least in my opinion. As long as you feed them and take good care of them, they're a men's best friend, that's for sure.

working