jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you teach your cat to stop biting you?

1. CMCastro profile image79
    CMCastroposted 7 years ago

How do you teach your cat to stop biting you?

My daughter's cat is about 18 months old and she will bite when I pick her up or bend down to pet her.

2. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

If she is biting you, she may not want as much attention as you want to give her.  If you are playing with her and she suddenly bites, immediately stop what you are doing and place her on the floor.  Ignore her totally for 5 mins.  This must be done consistently.  It worked for my cat, Mordred, who has since passed.

3. earny123 profile image75
    earny123posted 7 years ago

Buy a dog, they are always alot more friendly and are easily taught and love you from the start where as cats make you work for it and if they age bad and go senail then they literally go to scratch you like my old two cats did. they went crazy.

Hope this helps, Visit my profile if you would like to see a variety of Hubs .
    Thanks Liam and Hannah

4. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

either she is just spoiled and in the habbit, or she is irritable. I have had quite a few, and they can get this way when they want something, or are not happy with you...first make sure she is ok, check for ear mites etc that make the kitty grouchy.
      If there are no health issues, I have to tell people, animals are very smart, they know what you say and generally your energy and body language. Tell her no and tap her on the noes with your fingers, not hard, but just to say "uh uh" she will get tired of that nose tapping pretty quick, and offer her a reward too, tell her she will get canned food or a piece of turkey if she is good that day....it always works for me...they listen!!
      My new cat, she likes to get on the kids table and steel their straws, and it knocks the cups over, I just tel her, if you do that, you get no canned food tonight, well she doesn't do it now...LOL

Closed to reply