jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do to stop a dog from contantly licking you, the floor and everythin

1. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image78
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 7 years ago

What do you do to stop a dog from contantly licking you, the floor and everything else?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Dowse yourself in hot sauce. That ought to do it.

As for me, I love my dog. When she licks me, I merely wipe it off.

3. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

Tell him you're a Republican and if he's a smart dog he'll leave you alone:)

4. HappyHerper profile image69
    HappyHerperposted 7 years ago

Licking is a self-reinforcing behavior. Your dog may be doing it to make itself feel better. You can try distracting your dog with toys/games and encourage it to chew on appropriate things (chewing is also a self-reinforcing behavior). These behaviors often become obsessions. The key is to find something it loves more than licking.

As for why it is licking you, it is because your dog loves you. I'm not a big fan of licking either. I have a dog that would clean out your ears and nose if you let him. I try to give him affection while positioning him away from me. If I'm busy and they are licking me for attention I just move slightly and they stop. Once they stop, I give them attention.

5. profile image44
    mellottkatrinaposted 6 years ago

OMG you r so stupid have you ever been around dogs they do that dam just leave him alone

working