jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

lately my hamster has been sleeping alot and has not been going on his wheel, is

1. profile image47
    shellyshikposted 7 years ago

lately my hamster has been sleeping alot and has not been going on his wheel, is he sick?

i also read that huddling up in a corner is also a sign of sickness and he has been doing that to. what do you think he is sick with and how do i heal it?

2. nicregi profile image76
    nicregiposted 7 years ago

Sorry to say but is it old? I used to have hamsters and most of the time is because they are old and..erm getting near to life's end.

However, if your hamsters are still young, then they could be sick or cold. Try to put more bedding (change it if you can) and try give some better food.

Hope this helps smile

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

It's hard to even possibly diagnose the hamster with the only sign of illness being huddling in the corner.

Is the hamster eating? Drinking? Exercising?

What are you using as bedding? What are you feeding? How old is the hamster?

4. profile image47
    shellyshikposted 7 years ago

actually i just got the hamster less then a month ago. he is young and i have been feeding him his food carrots and sometimes other vegetables, but now when he eats  he stores it in his pouches for a while and doesn't eat it until several hrs later even tho he has plenty of food... is he ok?

working