how do i know if my pup has parvo

1. profile image46
    breeze06posted 7 years ago

how do i know if my pup has parvo

my pup is 3 months and for the past three days he wont eat , and what he does he throws its back up. Today he pooped runny black stuff and wont drink water now. I cant afford any vet bill and hes not getting better. Ive given him pepto bismol (tbl sspn) evry three hours. I just dont know wat i should do

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Parvo is a serious illness that often kills dogs when they are under veterinary care.  If you cannot afford a vet know you need to ask them about a payment plan, get a loan or take the dog to a shelter for treatment.  You need to keep the dog hydrated.  You need clean with bleach any comtaminated areas to avoid other dogs getting sick.

3. alexadry profile image97
    alexadryposted 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that.. it could be Parvo, an intestinal obstruction, gastro-enteritis, parasites, ingestion of toxins... so many things...At this point knowing if it is parvo or not will not help, this guy needs immediate supportive care! Any way to borrow some money? a vet visit seems in order...

These articles may be helpful but in serious cases as yours they CANNOT replace a vet visit: … he-at-Home

Please try your best to have him see a vet..he is very small and can go down hill very quickly...I would hate this to happen and Parvo is extremely deadly... sending best wishes your way..

Financial help for pet owners in need: … rs-in-need