jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you give your dog(s) the leftovers from supper?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image78
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

Do you give your dog(s) the leftovers from supper?

2. HannahRiley profile image57
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

Yepp, my parents always did. We always had mutts that we adopted or that adopted us. I never saw any harm in sharing left over table food. I think it makes more sense than throwing it away in the garbage if a tail wagging puppy would appreciate it. smile

3. hubba-hubba profile image60
    hubba-hubbaposted 7 years ago

No dogs yet, but cats sure love ice cream!

4. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3604835_f260.jpg

No, he doesn't get the leftovers, he gets the same thing we get as we're eating it.

5. RocketCityWriter profile image81
    RocketCityWriterposted 7 years ago

Never! We don't give them human food for two reasons: 1) It makes them beg at the table and that is very annoying, and 2) There are things in human food that are poisonous or simply bad for dogs and I don't know all of them or what's in the food we eat all the time.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Not all of them.

Beef, yes
    Chicken bones.......no
    Pork.......never
    eggs......sometimes
    veggies........rarely
    bread.......maybe

He is not a garbage disposal.  His tastes and health must be considered.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Yes I do, and I do not care what "so and so" says about it.  My dogs LOVE me for it.  Of course my dogs love me already-but they feel extra special when I give them leftovers.

8. Vicki.Pierce profile image71
    Vicki.Pierceposted 7 years ago

I used to give my dogs "leftovers" such as a small piece of steak.  I had to learn my lesson the hard way.  I had a black lab that I fed some leftover pieces of meat to.  The dog got REALLY sick and ended up having to stay a couple of nights at the vets.

When the dog was ready to come home, it was recommended that I only feed her the higher end dog food. 

Ever since that problem - no table scraps for my dogs.

9. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

no because my vet told me not to and it makes them beggers

10. Dave Harris profile image73
    Dave Harrisposted 7 years ago

My stepmother used to leave food on the side of her plate for the dog at every mealtime, fine if you want to do that, but then to expect me to do it and look down your nose at me if I didn't do it...Jeez what the F@@@! By the way, we haven't spoken for 20 years now, bliss!

working