jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone else name their animals after famous people or is this a weird habit

1. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Does anyone else name their animals after famous people or is this a weird habit I have?

I have a dog, named AJ AJ Burnett that is pitcher for the Yankee's, and my cat whom is a female named Petite for another Yankee's pitcher. I have chinchilla I named Big Poppi After, David Ortiz from the Boston Red Socks, so my boyfriend is not a big fan of the chinchilla because of the name!

2. bogerk profile image68
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

I don't have any animals or pets, but I certainly have heard of people doing this before. I remember once hearing about someone who named their four goldfish John, Paul, George and Ringo.

So, no, you are not alone.

3. j.amie profile image61
    j.amieposted 7 years ago

I named one of my adopted kitties after Sir William Wallace of Braveheart.  I call him Mr. Wallace. The trouble is, he scared of everything (noises, shadows, new people). I think i jinxed him wink

4. drbj profile image81
    drbjposted 6 years ago

I once heard of a woman who named her dog, "Tis." She was arrested by the police when she went out late at night, provocatively dressed, and called her dog, "Here, Tis. Here, Tis."

working