jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (16 posts)

Do you remember the first pet you had in your childhood?

1. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

Do you remember the first pet you had in your childhood?

2. Shona Venter profile image78
    Shona Venterposted 6 years ago

Yip. It was a teddy bear hamster. They make excellent pets for children.

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I had a goldfish named Goldie.  Actually, I had 3 goldfish, but 2 died immediately.  Goldie was the survivor.

4. zinyee profile image58
    zinyeeposted 6 years ago

ya.. a rabbit. the most obedient animal.

5. smackins1974 profile image67
    smackins1974posted 6 years ago

Yes it was a jack russell dog called "nosey" that used to follow me around and is in most of my toddler years photos.
    Good memories, thanks for the question.
    Sarah

6. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Yep, a long-haired orange tabby and a black-and-white short-haired cat. We lived on 20 acres, so my sister and I each got two cats and a dog -- at that age I had not yet picked my dog, I was two or three years old.

7. Annie Em profile image59
    Annie Emposted 6 years ago

I had a gorgeous cat called Blackie. I bet you can't guess what colour she was!She was incredibly patient. I have some lovely photos of me as a child trying to put her in my doll's pram and put a bonnet on her!

8. craftybegonia profile image75
    craftybegoniaposted 6 years ago

Two bunnies, a black one and a completely white one.

9. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4678293_f260.jpg

A fish; a Red Devil. I named him Fraymond after my dad- Raymond. Added the 'F' for fish. Cried when he died- I was about 10 years-old.

1. jiggyboytheone profile image60
      jiggyboytheoneposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cute!

10. storykeeping profile image74
    storykeepingposted 6 years ago

The first pet I remember was a dog named Trixie.  She had puppies, and I picked out one of the puppies as my own.  I have pictures of my brother and I with the puppies.  I must have been about four.  My parents had other ideas.  They selected a male puppy to keep.  I had picked out a female.  A man came by to look at the puppies.  He wanted the puppy I had picked out.  He offered to buy the puppy for a quarter.  It didn't seem like a fair trade, but I knew I had to give up the puppy.  We still had Trixie and her male puppy, but I was sad that the puppy I wanted was gone.

11. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I remember a dog called " snow" and a burn at the age of 2.

I can't say that he was the "first", but only the first that I recall.

12. Zanerus profile image60
    Zanerusposted 6 years ago

Yes I do, my first pet was a cat named Tabby, that was a Tabby cat. my mother had two rats at that point, but tabby was my kitty.

13. A la carte profile image58
    A la carteposted 6 years ago

I had a lab called Jeelus...first of four by that name.

14. Emmahub1 profile image57
    Emmahub1posted 6 years ago

yes she was a black lab called lass, she would come everywhere with us, always playing out a true part of our family.

15. oceansnsunsets profile image90
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

My first childhood pet was a huge and handsome boxer dog named Bruno.  This is the story of Bruno and how he interacted with our family and other members of the neighborhood, etc.  I miss him so much! read more

working