jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best thing to give puppies to chew on at 4 wks old?

1. Charlu profile image82
    Charluposted 6 years ago

What is the best thing to give puppies to chew on at 4 wks old?

My 11 4 week old puppies need something to chew on or play with. Suggestions please.

2. profile image0
    marellenposted 6 years ago

They are so cute and I don't have a good answer..maybe rawhide bones or a chew toy....

3. Awfranklin profile image61
    Awfranklinposted 6 years ago

Get them a KONG.  THey are amazing, and indestructible! Our great dane had one and has yet to destroy it in a year.  Plus some of them have little holes to put treats in, so it encourages them to chew on that and not the table or shoes or whatnot.....trust me the KONG is where its at.

4. Charlu profile image82
    Charluposted 6 years ago

Thanks guys, great ideas. I tried a couple of balls and they're not interested. The Kong sounds great. Thanks Mary they are cute and to smart for their own good

5. Hyphenbird profile image91
    Hyphenbirdposted 6 years ago

I don't know about a chew toy. Ask your vet. They are certainly adorable! Wish I could hold and love them.

6. DTroth profile image66
    DTrothposted 6 years ago

Well, besides your toes and fingers...

I agree with awfranklin, but Kongs can be a bit expensive...especially for 11 puppies!  (:

Try NylaBones.  They're the best for the pups teeth and come in many sizes and flavors.  Plus, they can't chew off big chunks to get choked on like they can with rawhide.  Rawhide is not good for dogs of ANY age.  Rawhide can't be digested very easily so it stays in their system a long time.  It can cause tummy upset and even blockage if fed too much rawhide at any given "chewing session."

Good luck and congratulations on your beautiful puppies! (:

7. Jessicablox profile image46
    Jessicabloxposted 6 years ago

The Beef Chew Bones are best for your puppies. They like the taste and get energy also..