jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Generally why are dogs preferred as pets compared to cats?

1. Nadeeshan301 profile image75
    Nadeeshan301posted 6 years ago

Generally why are dogs preferred as pets compared to cats?

2. samhirata profile image59
    samhirataposted 6 years ago

I think the answer lies in the preference...I love dogs because they are so eager to please their masters. They come when called- always with a wag of their tail! Cats are less interactive. They come on their own time and are less trainable- litter box not withstanding. If you're looking for a pal get a dog. If you're looking for an independent creature a cat is the answer.

3. quester.ltd profile image61
    quester.ltdposted 6 years ago

I think that the main reason is companionship. Cats are more independent in behavior while dogs have more human- like companion needs.
    Also, dogs are trained to be helper animals and are more in tune with a persons emotional needs and moods.
    q

4. Admiral_Joraxx profile image81
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

I think dogs are more preferred as pets than cats because they are more useful than cats. Dogs are bigger, stronger,fierce to strangers and are more highly regarded as pet guards for humans or properties than cats.

5. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

Maybe it's because dogs have evolved to work together with humans and they have helped each other to survive. Also dogs are very good at reading their masters' emotions...

6. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Cats offer companionship and indifference..............

Dogs offer companionship, loyality and PROTECTION.

7. randomcreative profile image93
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

I honestly don't know!  I've always been a cat person.

8. Blabbergaster profile image75
    Blabbergasterposted 6 years ago

If a person dropped dead from a heart attack, a dog will seek attention and mourn. A cat would use the last of the person's body warmth before stalking indifferently off! I still prefer cats though!

9. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

Dogs have owners. Cats have servants. LOL

working