jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are you a dog person, or a cat person? And why?

1. aslaught profile image60
    aslaughtposted 6 years ago

Are you a dog person,  or a cat person?  And why?

2. aslaught profile image60
    aslaughtposted 6 years ago

I am a dog person.  I like cats,  and I have three,  but they are so independent.  Dogs are your friends no matter what.  A cat wants you for one thing.  Food.

3. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

I am very much a cat person, they are intelligent and independent, and only need a little looking after. You can share a lot of love and affection with a cat, but they do not expect too much from you. They will comfort you when you need it, and leave you alone when you want them to, so long as you do the same for them! I always feel at ease with a cat around.

I like dogs too, but find them a bit needy, and they are a much bigger responsibility. You really need to have the time and commitment for a dog, whereas a cat will be just fine if you leave your neighbour to feed him for the weekend.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Dog person, absolutely.  I actually don't care for cats. They lick their fur constantly and, to me, smell like dried spit....ick.

I know dogs can have an odor - ours certainly do, but I am used to it and they are such wonderful companions.  My choc. lab Tully has learned to pick things up for me if I drop something and bring it to me.

Why a dog person?  They are warm and friendly and show a lot of emotion.  No one else jumps and yips when I come home.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I am an animal lover and have plenty to go around for both. I prefer cats for their independence and self-sufficiency. Dogs are definitely higher maintainence. My cat is a comfort to me and my constant companion. We just have a perfect bond and communication to match.

6. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

Cat person, without a doubt!  My sister and I grew up with two cats, Nip and Tuck.

(I DO love dogs, we have a several dog walkers in our neighborhood, and they are adorable, but my husband and I are not home alot, and would not be available all the time to let them in and out)

...that being said, we have four cats who own us:  Frodo, Galadriel, Sylvester and Martha.  Wonderful pets, so very loyal, different personalities.  We keep them inside, mostly because of traffic and I have seen so many who have been run over, and it breaks my heart.  They are very spoiled, but I've never met a cat that wasn't. 

They have brought us so much love and joy. 

Actually, I love all animals, but cats are my favorite.

7. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

I’ve seen a few of these articles on the top ten reasons cats are better than dogs so in good natured retaliation I’ve written one of my own on why dogs are better. I have nothing against cats and have had a few over the years. When given a choice I’ll choose a Boston terrier over a feline any day of the week. read more

8. Dale Hyde profile image83
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

I am both as I love animals, however, living in an apartment we have a cat as a dog simply must have more freedom.  Cats are quite content to be in an apartment without needing to go outside for the restroom.