jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is your dog high tech?

1. againsttheodds profile image78
    againsttheoddsposted 6 years ago

Is your dog high tech?

If so, what have you outfitted your dog with to take him into the new age?

2. JayeWisdom profile image91
    JayeWisdomposted 6 years ago

My dog isn't "high tech", but then...neither am I. What my dog happens to be is a loyal companion and a lot nicer than some people I know (and some I don't know). Her behavior shows that she is intelligent and can learn. In fact, she has learned many things in her nearly seven years of life. She has several puzzle toys especially designed to provide mental stimulation for dogs, and she can quickly solve all of them.

There is a great deal of scientific evidence of canine intelligence, as well as intelligence in other non-human species once thought to act only on instinct. This includes the ability to solve problems and use items as tools. So...no, she isn't high tech, but neither does she embody the Dark Ages.

I certainly don't consider dogs--the one who enhances my life or any other dog--a "lower form of life", and most thinking people do not take that attitude, even if they don't have or want pets of their own.

3. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 6 years ago

I have dog locators for my dogs in case they get lost.  They are basically GPS's that help me find my dogs, great if you have escape artists (or a huge fear of losing your beloved friends).  That's the only real high tech thing I can think of in my dog supplies.  I also have dog seat belts for them, since it's not only safer for them, but also the humans in the car in case of an accident.

4. heididoghyde profile image58
    heididoghydeposted 6 years ago

I don't like your attitude but my dogs are smarter than some people. Who are you to judge a dog's behavior or intelligence because you sure don't have what it takes.