jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why is my nearly four year old cat still as playful as a kitten?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Why is my nearly four year old cat still as playful as a kitten?

She can play with anything--strings, boxes, my hair. She jumps on my back when I bend over. She's funny. I can get the other cats to play, but they lose interest more quickly. This one finds fun on her own. Still a kitten at heart.

2. Jessi10 profile image77
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

Well, thats adorable. My cat, Tigger, is the same way. After I had my son, two years ago, I got the feeling that she was mad at me. So, I began to play with her more, and pay attention to her whenever I could.. To this day, she can't sleep anywhere else besides my bedroom, and shes extremely protective of my son..

I think that some cats are just playful with us. Its in their nature. Especially if they are your first cat, or the one cat who you feel a special connection to.. Its normal!

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

I'd guess it's her basic personality and she's a healthy cat.

4. DearBandit profile image61
    DearBanditposted 6 years ago

It is just her personality. My guy is 10  years old and he still plays like a kitten. The good thing about her being like that is, you will be able to cheer her up by just playing with her

5. Meisjunk profile image91
    Meisjunkposted 6 years ago

Because you're doing stuff right! A healthy cat is a happy cat who will still chase shadows, will still have a certain time each day or night she is most active (and playful!), and who will be comfortable with you and those who visit you. smile So you can give yourself a pat on the back and relax haha.

TOO boisterous? I fixed that by letting my cat become a Mr. Fat Cat. XD He's uber adorable. His idea of active is rolly pollying and chasing shadows on the stairs.

6. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

Four isn't really that old in the cat world.....but I would guess that her Mama has given her a wonderful life, good food and lots of playtime.  As I'm sure you know, every single cat in the world has a totally individual & unique personality.  My female is a stuck-up wench....my little boy is an impish trouble-maker......Sounds like your 4 yr old doesn't really care to grow up....like Peter Pan!!

7. profile image55
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

Be happy she is, I think that your cat still being as playful as a kitten will keep her young for a long time.

8. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

Victoria Lynn,
    I have a five-year-old Ragdoll cat and he is very playful. I think it's because he has a one-year-old little brother that keeps him on his toes. They're great together. After they run around chasing each other and playing, they go take a nap on the bed about two inches away from the other.
    Enjoy your cats,

9. lolaestrella profile image81
    lolaestrellaposted 2 years ago

My cat is still playing like a kitten too! She hardly changes her character - always and forever curious, playful and love to snuggle at night. It's a sign of a happy cat. They are well loved and a proof that you did a great job!