jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the most you would pay to save your dog's life?

1. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

What is the most you would pay to save your dog's life?

We will be in this situation in the near future and curious what other's would pay. Even if you had the money would you put a 10 year old dog through multiple surgerys with long recover times?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6354108_f260.jpg

2. Ask Ashley profile image80
    Ask Ashleyposted 6 years ago

I think this is more of a question of quality of life...will your dog be able to have a long and healthy life, pain-free after recovering from multiple surgeries or will this be a battle your dog faces for the rest of his/her years?

3. Natashalh profile image93
    Natashalhposted 6 years ago

I wrote an entire hub about paying 3k for a dog to get orthopedic surgery. He's alive and well today, and still doing stupid stuff to bring in the vet bills. Literally last week he got an eye ulcer because he scratched his eye on something. For me, as long as he's enjoying life, he will keep getting everythng I can give.

4. tillsontitan profile image86
    tillsontitanposted 6 years ago

So much comes into play...age of the dog, condition, prognosis.  I just paid over $3,000 to have tests done on my two year old min pin.  Prognosis is good and he seems to be fine now but it was an awful lot.  We met a woman at the vet who had already spent $20,000 on a 15 year old dog and refused to put the dog to sleep even at the vet's suggestion.  The dog has seizures and lives with a tube in its throat for feeding. To me, that's cruelty, but that's just my opinion.

5. alexadry profile image96
    alexadryposted 6 years ago

I paid $1,200 for my dog's bout of gastroenterititis requiring 3 days of hospitalization and IV fluids. that's when I made sure to get dog insurance, hard lesson learned!

6. profile image57
    Robertr04posted 6 years ago

They're like kids, mortgage the house for mine.

working