jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do I stop dogs from crapping on my lawn?

1. Rob Winters profile image86
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

How do I stop dogs from crapping on my lawn?

Every couple of weeks I find a fresh deposit in my front garden although i've never caught the culprit/s in the act so I can't go approaching any particular dog owning neighbor.Very irritating not to mention disgusting and cleary the fault of irresponsible/indifferent owners as this has been going on for some time now and mine is not the only garden to receive this special treatment :-( Any tried and tested tips to deal with this issue would be much appreciated.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6420988_f260.jpg

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

Buy some dog repellant and sprinkle it on your lawn. Dogs have sensitive smell, they wont hang around if your garden smells of pepper.

3. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 6 years ago

When you see the creature about to unload on your lawn... then unload upon him/her with a suitable shotgun.    I PROMISE you that that animal won't do so again.....

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image57
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

That's a tough one. When I owned a home I used to get so angry at people who would bring their dogs by and let them eliminate in my yard, and let them urinate on my shrubs and kill them. I put up some short fencing around the shrubs to protect them and they went around the fencing to urinate on them! I guess I would recommend putting up some inexpensive fencing as a barrier and perhaps a sign requesting people "curb" their dogs, although personally I have also tried signs and some people just disregard those as well. Let's face it - there are just some very inconsiderate people in the world!

I suppose you could set up a surveillance system and try to catch the perpetrators on video.

You could also set up a pee post away from your property or move the excrement to a place somewhere near your property so as to entice the dogs to eliminate in a different area.

You could also make up a flyer requesting dog owners in your neighborhood to please "curb" their dogs and not let their dogs eliminate on your property - to pick up after their dogs...but if people are that inconsiderate, I doubt that would work.

5. Muttface profile image87
    Muttfaceposted 5 years ago

My parents had that problem. It was awful in the winter time, we used to get out of the car, walk through the turds on the drive in the dark and bring them inside. We wouldn't realise until we turned on the lights and by then they were all over the floor. This went on for years. We complained to the neighbours, but they only blamed the other dogs. We tried a green product that the dogs don't like the smell of. It was fine until the rain flushed it away. We also tried the little black box that emits the noise only animals can hear, but with mixed results.The only thing that worked in the end was the death of one of the culprits. My dad called the dog pound on the other dogs and the neighbours were warned to keep their dogs in, or else.
    Now I am having the same problem with cats outside my house. They are wild cats, so I can't complain to anyone, and I won't go so far as to poison them. It's really annoying that I have to clean up cat crap when I don't even have a pet.

working