jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If man loves dogs so much, why does he eat dogs?

1. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 6 years ago

If man loves dogs so much, why does he eat dogs?

Is there a good reason of consuming your pet dog?

2. profile image0
    painterpyroposted 6 years ago

Religion or starvation or quite possibly they just taste that good.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My dogs are family to me and I can't imagine a scenaro where I am so desperate that I would eat my dogs.  It might be common in some cultures but not here.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image58
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

I guess it depends on which "man" you're talking about. Different cultures and different people look at animals, including dogs differently.

While most of us in the United States wouldn't dream of purposefully hurting, much less consuming our pet dogs, people in other countries and other cultures do not see dogs the same way - they see them as food.

In this country (United States) there are people who see dogs as cash crops, most notably in Iowa and other midwestern states where dogs are jam-packed in deplorable conditions and repeatedly bred to mass produce puppies to be sold as pets in pet stores and directly to the public.

However, in this country, the end consumer usually treats the dogs much differently - as pets rather than as food.

5. d.william profile image62
    d.williamposted 6 years ago

Assuming that you mean why does he eat "hotdogs", you do understand that there is really NO dog meat in hotdogs?    If you are referring to those countries that eat dog meat as we eat cow's flesh, there is relatively no difference between eating dog meat, deer meat or any other meat, for that matter. 
    Eating meat in general is a disgusting habit and serves no purpose in our diets today.

working