jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does the man that loves you so much, make you feel insecure & not good enoug

1. profile image50
    SexiiCaliposted 4 years ago

Why does the man that loves you so much, make you feel insecure & not good enough for him??

2. Lee Lee 513 profile image61
    Lee Lee 513posted 4 years ago

It depends on the person but if they have been hurt before, it may be self destruct mode. They would rather mess things up then be hurt again by someone they trust. It may be nothing you're doing wrong. Sometimes taking a step back and being a friend is more important. I however suck for this reason myself. So good luck and I hope the best for you. smile

3. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Self-esteem is an issue because of the way he was raised or from bad past experiences he is not sure of how to be with you and of how to let you know of what is hurting him on the inside.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I find that question somewhat of a dichotomy.  If the man makes you feel insecure and not good enough--how can you be sure he loves you so much.

I can only speak from experience. My husband of 43 years adores me and would never make me feel bad, nor would he criticize me.  A man or woman should cherish their partner and want only good things for them.  Anything less should be questioned.

The problem is likely his and not yours. Sit and talk talk talk with him and tell him what you need from him to make you feel good and secure. Men are wonderful creatures but they are not mind readers.

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Clearly if he treats you like that he is NOT "in love" with you.
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde
    Maybe a better question might be:
    Why would anyone stay with someone who makes them feel insecure and not good enough for them? They don't love them self!

working